• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some Haying Pictures 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hayguy

Reaction score
hayingpic1.jpg

Although getting on in years, still a pretty good team

hayingpic2.jpg

Another 40-20 earning its keep.

hayingpic5.jpg

Balerguy doing her job

hayingpic4.jpg

Don't leave any bales out overnight.

hayingpic6.jpg

As the sun goes down in Calgary ... the wagon starts to roll

hayingpic3.jpg

My own 1/2 mile of hell.

[/img]

gcreekrch said:
Glad to see you folks are getting the weather Hayguy.

Here's a little bale gathering music.

http://youtu.be/Yz2sB4wIEGw

last week the weather was ideal, but it looks like we are in for a few days of dampish thunder shower type days. thankfully i don't have any thing down at the moment. been listening to stampede wagon races and haying for more years than i care to mention

Those clouds over the city came our way last night and deposited some rain. Too busy playing to have anything down here. Did you dodge the bullet?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Looking good, Those bales sure are nicer to pick up fresh out of the baler.

What do you cut with?

:D :D

cut with a 1409 new holland discbine, have tried wider machines but find the hay can take 1 to 2 days longer to dry.

per said:
Those clouds over the city came our way last night and deposited some rain. Too busy playing to have anything down here. Did you dodge the bullet?

bullet was dodged in that i have nothing down and everything up is tarped,no easy feat with the winds we've been having :lol: :lol:

I forgot to add that the 4020 and the bale wagon look like new compared to the operator. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps, I didn't want you to feel left out. :D

Looks like you got the hay put up in just right condition. We had some mowed grass get rained on last night,
but I sure hate to turn down a good rain whenever it wants to come.

Soapweed said:
Looks like you got the hay put up in just right condition. We had some mowed grass get rained on last night,
but I sure hate to turn down a good rain whenever it wants to come.

thanx Soapweed, we try very very hard to get hay with little to no rain, sometimes we get lucky. we stagger the cutting as to never have it all down at one time, learned a long time ago that green coarser hay still out sells black protein :lol: :lol:

Looks like a good hay team. Enjoyed seeing the pics of another 4020. Our hay operation came to a hault yesterday. I got the wheat/alfalfa mix all raked up in good shape, my husband headed over to bale, netwrap bunched up, he got that fixed, hydraulic line on the baler went, and heading back to the house it started to pour! My Mom always said things happen in 3's. :???:

Latest posts