• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some help/advidce needed!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Well, its my sister's birthday in eleven days. I want to get her something realy special this year, so I go tto thinking. She's the greatest kid ever. :D:DEvery second she has she's makign somethign for someone, or helping someone when they need a hand, even though she's onlyu eight!

Instead of getting her some kind of doll or some clothes, I Thought to myself, self, she always wants to come hunting with you, get her a bow. So, here I am, trying to get a job so I can get her this bow, she always wants to come along hunting with me, especially bow hunting and duck hunting, heck, she'll even swim into the slough to get the ducks for us :D:p. This comin week I have to go to the city anyways, so I can get it for her then.

I just talked to her, and asked her what she wanted for her birthday, I swear to God, these are her exact words, "Well, maybe some camo so we can go put the moves on a deer this year maybe or so we can sit in a bush and wait *(For all the rest of us, thats a blind, she doesn't remember what its called haha)* for something. You know, a little mini bow would be really cool so we can shoot together some day." And I never even hinted to her, don't I have the coolest sister? haha

My question is, does anyone know how I can disguise it in the wrapping, and also, has anyone had any experiences with youth bows? How about arrows for them?

Things have been really rough, with all the talk of lawyers and custody and everything, especially for her. I wanna get her something extra special, to make sure she knows she IS special and she always has someone to help, as long as its not girly stuff. haha.

I know you guys have helped me out before, how can I make this birthday special for her?

I would suggest a treasure hunt........the bow should come in a package that can be wrapped, so wrap it and put it in the barn or garage or under your bed.

Give her a tiny wrapped box with a note inside telling her to look in another place for another clue. One clue leads to another one. Make her search all over the place. After about 4 clues, the last clue should be just like the others making her believe she is going to get another clue......and that is when she finds the present. The excitement will build as she hunts, and you won't have to present the present to where it is "just another package."

Goodpasture said:
I would suggest a treasure hunt........the bow should come in a package that can be wrapped, so wrap it and put it in the barn or garage or under your bed.

Give her a tiny wrapped box with a note inside telling her to look in another place for another clue. One clue leads to another one. Make her search all over the place. After about 4 clues, the last clue should be just like the others making her believe she is going to get another clue......and that is when she finds the present. The excitement will build as she hunts, and you won't have to present the present to where it is "just another package."

how funny that you would mention this idea.....this is exactly what my family has done since I was a child for our "second Christmas" (mom was of east russian descent and we celebrated TWO Christmases..one in December----like most folk---and the second on january 7th)....we would find post-its of a specific color leading us to our next "clue"....found our packages in very unusual places...the toaster oven...the fridge or freezer...our underwear drawer....the medicine cabinet...under the porch steps.....the glove compartment of the car.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ACS----unless you know exactly what her strength is, have you given thought to taking her on a "special shopping trip" on her birthday to a sporting good store and having her pick out her very own bow??? Just an idea!! :wink: :wink:

I have a very good idea of her strength... especially when we went to the city a while back and she was taking them for 'test drives' lol. I wouldnt be able to take her on her bday... its a thursday, I have a test the next day, a dance the next day, hunting saturday, date saturday night haha.

Thanks, I might try that.

Latest posts