• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some jan. pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
New Years Day
0001-30.jpg

Brought the cows home on the 4th, weather was great and they were quite happy where they were.
0002-28.jpg

0003-28.jpg

Sent Jill to get them going
0004-26.jpg

Waiting for orders
0005-26.jpg

They are good trailmakers
0006-28.jpg

Have been having beautiful sunrises and sunsets. This was a sunset
0008-26.jpg

Sold a load of heifers on the 6th, replacements and odds and ends are left
0009-27.jpg

1st and 2nd second calvers-to-be
0010-27.jpg

As you can see, we are definately lacking in the snow department
0011-28.jpg

The main cowherd
0013-26.jpg

Quite happy with how the cows looked when they came home
0015-20.jpg

Had our first calf two days after the cows came home, glad he waited til he got here! Thought I had some more pictures, but I guess photobucket decided you didn't need see them :?

That country so resemble the river breaks along the Fraser. WHR will be made homesick if he sees this.

Don't see many black replacements. :p

Thanks Nicky, hope you folks get moisture before you really need it.

Those cows sure haven't been lacking in the grocery dept. this winter. Boy, I thought we were short on snow.... looks like you've been completely skunked!
Thanks for the pics.

Good pictures Nicky...As far as snowpack I think about everywhere is way down.. I saw an article the other day where the Missouri River drainage snowpack is at 69% of normal... Altho after last years winter from He!! and months of spring flooding its kind of welcome to have a reprieve....

But looking at the forecast it looks like this week the Northwest and into the plains could pick up some moisture-- and subzero cold..
Wind is already howling here as the cold front moves in...

Thanks for the photos, Its snowing here this morning so its heading your way. 31* and two inches on the ground.

Thanks all :)

Gcreek, you are right on the replacements! Did keep some red baldies tho.

Whitewing, not sure that that makes me feel any better :wink:

Eastwind, it tried to snow this morning, now the sun is out. They are forecasting 4 -5 inches this week.

Great pictures. That looks like another place I want to visit!!!!

Latest posts