• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some more Herefords

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
Figured I'd see if I could help lure Per's cousin into posting. :wink: :D

These heifer calf pairs are at around 9,600 feet elevation.

IMG_3059.jpg

6050 two year old.
IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

175 two year old
IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

Copy2ofIMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

Your cattle look very nice, Ned Jr. Some of them are already developing quite a coat of hair. Even though today seemed like winter, hot summer was just a couple days ago. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Your cattle look very nice, Ned Jr. Some of them are already developing quite a coat of hair. Even though today seemed like winter, hot summer was just a couple days ago. :wink:

Thanks Soapweed. They better be growing some hair. That's fresh snow on those peaks in the background. :)

BTW enjoyed your article in the Working Rancher.

Ned Jr. said:
Soapweed said:

Thanks Soapweed. They better be growing some hair. That's fresh snow on those peaks in the background. :)

BTW enjoyed your article in the Working Rancher.

Thanks.

It was cold around here today. 38 degrees, with a 25 mile per hour wind and over a half inch of rain. I needed a better coat of hair myself. :wink:

Very nice looking cattle and pretty scenery as usual, Ned. I'm afraid I'd have a little trouble adjusting from 1,000 feet to 9,600 but it sure looks good in your country.

Looking good!!! Hope our 6050 looks like that one next summer. We saw some 175 offspring in our last little trip...I think in Idaho. We saw alot of cattle, they might be running together :? Wherever it was, it looked good.

GM88 said:
Your cattle look real good nice udders on those cows.

I agree...real nice udders. I really like a square, level hip in a cow and yours sure have it. Good looking cattle against an even nicer backdrop.

This certainly has been Hereford week and boy have we seen some pretty good examples of the breed. Some of you sure run cattle in rugged country. Ned, my cousin did register yesterday so maybe he will start posting soon. Thanks for the help.

Very nice cows and calves as usual Ned. Do you have to do Pulmonary arterial pressure testing on all of your cattle or just if you bring new ones in ?

Btw if 115 needs to be relocated I would be more than happy to find room here for her. :wink:

thanks everyone!!!

Nicky 6050 has sure proved to be a udder improver for us. Hope yours are good as well.

hillsdown we've just been pap testing our herd bulls. I hoped to test all the cows and heifers this year but with the drought we have it'll have to wait for another year. We only had around a 30% hay crop and money's short. It's funny you mentioned relocating 115. I sold a pick from our heifers at the National Western stock show last year and they haven't picked one out yet. I'd like to hide her but can't, shouldn't, better not.

I've been wondering how you were doing for a few weeks now Ned. Your cattle appear to be doing well in spite of your weather conditions this summer.

Have you been in contact with any of the Hook family since Tom passed on?

Snow on the mountains around us yesterday. We are back in haylage mode for a few days by the sound of the forecasts we've heard. 10 days of cutting left to go. Hopefully we won't be shaking snow off the windrows with the bale to get finished.

gcreekrch said:
I've been wondering how you were doing for a few weeks now Ned. Your cattle appear to be doing well in spite of your weather conditions this summer.

Have you been in contact with any of the Hook family since Tom passed on?

Snow on the mountains around us yesterday. We are back in haylage mode for a few days by the sound of the forecasts we've heard. 10 days of cutting left to go. Hopefully we won't be shaking snow off the windrows with the bale to get finished.

The drought that runs into Texas starts here. Monarch is only about an hour north and had a all time record snow fall last winter. That darn jet stream carried all the moisture right over the top us all winter long. We're not as bad as Texas but we're dry. The cattle pictured are on some ground we were able to lease around 140 miles north of here. But the cattle here look like they're holding up well.

I haven't heard from any of Tom's family. Sure hatted to hear he'd passed away. I sure enjoyed reading his, "Idamans", stories on CT. Can you imagine the visions he must have had when he was asked to tell about his life and experiences with cattle? :)

Good luck haying. If you need to just send the moisture down this way for awhile. It's not a pretty sight to see windrows and bales under snow.

Photobucket being difficult this morning or I would have posted a picture of the -11C on the thermometer. A few mornings like this will shorten drying time a bit. :lol:

Those are some nice fault-free udders on your cows, and I like your thick deep bodied heifers. Per should be happy I am now on Ranchers. :)

EastWind said:
Those are some nice fault-free udders on your cows, and I like your thick deep bodied heifers. Per should be happy I am now on Ranchers. :)

EastWind, we are all happy you are now on Ranchers. :) In real life ranching communities it is easy to get over populated with too many people. In a ranching community on the Internet, the motto is "the more the merrier." :wink:

EastWind said:
Thanks for comming on board Eastwind. I'm looking forward to some more pics.

EastWind said:

kind of a PER sistant sort isn"t he :lol: :lol:

welcome aboad EastWind hope too see many more pics from your neck of the woods (it's the only traveling i get to do)

Welcome to ranchers Eastwind! We won't hold it against you that your mixed up with Per! :wink: :D :D Great Hereford pictures Ned! Roadtrip next spring to Colorado!

Latest posts