• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some Old Bucks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
P1010450.jpg

My neighbor shot this big boy in about -50 windchill-he was almost drifted over when we went to load him-this sums up late rut Sask. Whitetail hunting best.

P1010431.jpg

Here's my biggest whitetail so far-not quite book but close.I shot him in a meadow where we've killed alot of bucks late in the rut.

BigBucklage079.jpg

Check out Cody's buck-his nose is broke from fighting-I'd passed my buck at ten feet in m uzzie but Emily tracked him down today so we took him.

DoubleDrop031.jpg

Leanin' H those are old pics havent drew blood yet but I'm sure we will soon lol. This is Sara's first mulie-he grossed 189-it was quite a hunt for him-I border collied him and about a dozen does off a big stubble field within 50 yards of the kids but they learnt your gun shoots better if you put a shell in the chamber-we did catch up to him eventually.

Impressive. I never tire of looking at those huge bucks. When´s the rut for you guys, NR?..........your deer, that is. :p

It's just starting but the 15-20th is when it usually peaks-we can hunt till first week of December so you can get some good secondary rut stuff going on. All those bucks but the mulie were shot a couple miles from my doorstep.

incentive to get my asss out door instead of wasting time readin in here and drinkin coffee

hope yur doin ok bud....

He pasased a typical the day before would make him look like a fawn-we didn't have firm permission to hunt where he was-we got it that night and got the droptine buck the next day. That coulee is mulie heaven-I once watched nine bucks spread out in a little flat-some were fighting some were chasing and one bred a doe twenty yards from me-kind of a mulie 101 lol. I'm heading south for chemo next wek-hopefully I can get some hunting in with Sara.

Northern Rancher said:
He pasased a typical the day before would make him look like a fawn-we didn't have firm permission to hunt where he was-we got it that night and got the droptine buck the next day. That coulee is mulie heaven-I once watched nine bucks spread out in a little flat-some were fighting some were chasing and one bred a doe twenty yards from me-kind of a mulie 101 lol. I'm heading south for chemo next wek-hopefully I can get some hunting in with Sara.

i didn't even notice the drop tines at first glace....

How many brandings would a guy have to attend to go just LOOK at deer like those? :shock: WOW! Awesome bunch of bucks! Sask is now near the top of my wish list of hunting destinations! :D

leanin' H said:
How many brandings would a guy have to attend to go just LOOK at deer like those? :shock: WOW! Awesome bunch of bucks! Sask is now near the top of my wish list of hunting destinations! :D

to look, maybe not many....to kill, i'm guessing the list could be a long one. knowing you, i'm sure you could talk your way into a spot :wink: :lol:

Well our government has just about got it ruined now with their CWD slaughters in the good mulie zones-what has kept our mulie hunting good is it is resident only on a draw basis. If you want to draw into the real trophy zones you only get drawn every four years or so but if you send in for some of the less popular ones and hunt hard you can go more often. What we do is only one or two of us send in every year so that way somkebody in the family has a mulie tag somewhere every year. About the only place a nonresident can hunt is on an indian reserve-not sure if I'd reccommend that or not. Leanin' H you need to subscribe to Big Buck magazine-pm me your address. I'll put up some pics of mulies shot in my home zone-the odd good one gets shot.

TyronesSheds012.jpg

This is a buck shot up here 40 some years ago-he scores in the mid 200's NT-another guy shot an even bigger NT and sawed off a 16 inch droptine so it would hang flat against the wall-SACRILEGE lol.

P1010012.jpg

The old man catches up to the odd good one too-this old guy is ancient one side of his rack looks just like a huge whitetail-I shot him in his bed 370 steps away-I got hell from Ty about shooting him first thing-he was right we did see some bigger bucks later in the day-this was down in the Great Sandhills-there are actually live dunes a few miles north of where I shot him.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/Rancher1962/field%20pics/P1010036.jpg[/IMG

Another oldtimer-we had doe tags to fill-I was lining up on one when this guy bounced up the coulee-luckily for me he had to stop and look back.

IMG_3521.jpg

Here's Ty's muzzie mulie that he got up here last year-he got a 187 whitetail about a month later in the same place!! This buck could of used a couple more years and he'd of been a pounder.

Latest posts