• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some other pictures of the day, May 31, 2008

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Yearlingheifers.jpg

Yearling heifers
Theyseemtobeenjoyinglife.jpg

They seem to be enjoying life.
Anaverageheifer.jpg

An average heifer
Loud-coloredblackbaldy.jpg

Loud colored black baldy
Mobbingmymodeofmobility.jpg

Mobbing my motorized means of mobility
Youngladies.jpg

Young ladies
Comeoninthewatersfine.jpg

Come on in; the water's fine.
Havingwaytoomuchfun.jpg

Having way too much fun
Doingthesidestroke.jpg

Doing the side stroke
ItsnotasdeepasIthought.jpg

It's not as deep as I thought.
IfyoucandoitIcantoo.jpg

If you can do it, I can, too.
Driftingintodeepwater.jpg

Drifting into deep water
CoaxingtheGoosetodryground.jpg

Coaxing the Goose to dry ground
Thelastspringcalfwasborntoday.jpg

The last spring calf was born today.
Thereseemstobeafamilyresemblance.jpg

There seems to be a family resemblance
Therestofthese23headofyoungcows.jpg

The rest of these nice 23 head of young one-brand cows will be fall calvers. The bulls were with them from November 15th until January 1st. They are looking for a new owner. :wink:

joaker said:
What ever happened to your mule?

Themuleisofftotheleftinthisone.jpg

The mule is off to the left in this photo. He is a pretty good mule but not a really good mule, especially after he killed a calf this spring. He would kill twenty more if given the opportunity. :( He is about half fast, in fact he is really fast. At the saddle mule race at Jake Clark's Mule Days in 2006, this mule got second place (for whatever that is worth). :roll: :wink:

tnt755 said:
What is the asking price for these fall calvers

Last year, I sold these young fall calvers at Valentine Livestock on June 21. They brought $1300 apiece. I guess I am hoping to get in that ballpark again this year. If we can arrive at a deal privately by use of Ranchers.net, I will send Mr. Gravlee a commission check. :wink:

I have an "average" heifer just like that :( Why won't a heifer like that fill out? Is it genetic? Something in the past as a calf? They have all been treated the same and have had the same care. The eye always goes right to the less desirable in the bunch :oops: The rest sure look like beauties since they are all slicked up for the summer. As always, enjoyed the pictures :D

Sundancer said:
I have an "average" heifer just like that :( Why won't a heifer like that fill out? Is it genetic? Something in the past as a calf? They have all been treated the same and have had the same care. The eye always goes right to the less desirable in the bunch :oops: The rest sure look like beauties since they are all slicked up for the summer. As always, enjoyed the pictures :D

As long as she gets pregnant, doesn't cause the ranch any extra grief, and has a decent saleable calf, I guess it will all work out okay. :wink:

Latest posts