• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some pictures from Estes Park YMCA camping

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
Our greenhorn crew (dgt and her family, Mr. nr and myself) trail riding at Estes Park
estesparkaug302005044.jpg

Hunting for animal prints early AM with grand-dgt -not sure what this one was
EstesPark022.jpg

Planning the day's hike around the breakfast table
estesparkaug302005079.jpg

So many beautiful places to stop for a rest
estesparkaug302005073.jpg

Hubby trying to find the highest spot for cell phoning
estesparkaug302005060.jpg

Hiking the hundreds of years old Ute Indian Trail
EstesPark004.jpg

If you were this close to Greeley, you should have stopped in for a few days. I am sorry I did not get to thank you and say good bye for all your efforts that made the Deadwood get-toghter such a warm wonderful time.
Much obliged :clap:

Baling Wire, I wasn't doing the driving to Ute Ridge, just enjoyign the scenery as our son in law did most of the planning. Our maps are buried somewhere in the suitcases (packing for either 20 degree or 90 degree weather!) or I'd try to look it up for you. It gave us goosebumps thinking of all the mankind that would have traveled that path in moccosins over the centuries. Quite barren and no place to be caught in an electrical storm.

Carole, we actually waved to you as we sailed through Greeley! And past Buckerette's area. But Mr. nr had a meeting to prepare for. Had we not dawdled and dillydallied at some forts along the way (seems to me most forts in the US all look the same!) :roll: it might have been possible.
Any word on the New Orleans guests?

I got an email today from headquarters that they are having a hard time convincing people born there to leave. It said some are living in cars, shelters and ect but they are trying to match people correctly to alleviate problems down the way. I asked for 2 mature women or a mother/daughter with no smokers as I can't handle it. I decided to quit fretting about it, if it works out, it works out. I am cleaning my closets and I went an auction on Sunday. Bought boxes of white towels for $6.00 that I washed up today. Just doing doing the best I know how.

Did you not find Estes Park beautiful country. It is amazing country that we live in. Just so many people any more. You probably did not get to see the elk bugling. A little early, I think.

Regards

carole3218 said:
I got an email today from headquarters that they are having a hard time convincing people born there to leave. It said some are living in cars, shelters and ect but they are trying to match people correctly to alleviate problems down the way. I asked for 2 mature women or a mother/daughter with no smokers as I can't handle it. I decided to quit fretting about it, if it works out, it works out. I am cleaning my closets and I went an auction on Sunday. Bought boxes of white towels for $6.00 that I washed up today. Just doing doing the best I know how.

Did you not find Estes Park beautiful country. It is amazing country that we live in. Just so many people any more. You probably did not get to see the elk bugling. A little early, I think.

Regards

Last evening I talked with a Texan and her husb who were helping in a shelter before they came up to this Denver meeting. They were both amazed / bewildered by the little the locals did for themselves. Lack of initiative or confidence or expectations...they couldn't quite define it except they partially concluded it was a cultural upbringing sort of attitude problem which makes turning the situation around ever so much more difficult. And partially explains the fears of those refusing to leave their homes. If they've never visited outside their towns it must seem unbelievably frightening. Like going to Siberia.

No elk bugling or boogalooing either. But it was all beautiful country.

I am sure a lot of it is they are overwhelmed, stressed and scared to death. Probably be a lot of post traumatic stress over this deal and especially for the children going through all of them. I don't handle death well so I don't how I would be down there. Just to much to comprehend for most of us souls.

carole3218 said:
I am sure a lot of it is they are overwhelmed, stressed and scared to death. Probably be a lot of post traumatic stress over this deal and especially for the children going through all of them. I don't handle death well so I don't how I would be down there. Just to much to comprehend for most of us souls.

Yes, definitely post traumatic stress amongst all the rest.
Glad the FEMA director made a final exit and now somebody with some real experience can take a crack at it

Latest posts