• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

some pictures from today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Feedlotcowpen12011.jpg

Cows eating corn silage this morning

Feedlotcowpen12010.jpg

line of cows in new feed pen

Feedlotcowpen12003.jpg

tractor and feedwagon

Good pictures. Looks like contented well-fed cows that would have absolutely no reason to become "cows with guns." You are to be commended for taking good care of your cattle.

I like your bunkline is there any concrete or just frozen ground?On your last picture is the wind break nailed to the corral type fence with the top 4 ft or so just free standing?

Yes rancher youve been drinking...... :wink: It does curve a bit, the ground wasnt quite as level as it should be so I had to improvise. There is no concrete on the feed area, just frozen ground. I will likely use our scraper and take all the black dirt out of that area in the summer and pack clay and gravel into it. That pen is 160 ft by 375 ft long. Feed bunk is about 370 ft long. A lot of 2x8's went into building it as well as 1x6 boards. Denny, The windbreak boards are free standing about 4 ft above the corral planks.

Looks very nice!

A fellow here made a feedlot similar to yours, but soon the bull calves wouldn't eat very well. What happened was the upper board was too low and they sored their necks on it. Rubbed all the hair out even. He had to raise the board and they started eating again. I found that very interesting.

Very good job on the feed rack and the cows look happy, oh and the pictures are good also. How soon before you start calving? Have a good day

Thats a lot of wood. How far apart is the top board from the top bottom? I built a feeder like that out of gaurdrail and sucker rod and I think my sucker rod may be too far above the gaurd rail.

Latest posts