• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Someday's you just want to kill em'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond

Reaction score
I was out making my feeding rounds earlier today and I came up on a cow with all four legs sticking up in the air. I decided before I got to her that she was dead but that wasn't the case. She laid down on flat ground and somehow got on her back and couldn't get up. I did my due duty and got her flipped over and eventually standing. My thank you, a nice swift kick in the back of the foot. My foot is now swelled and I am having a hard time putting weight on it. Someday's you just want to kill em'.

4Diamond said:
I was out making my feeding rounds earlier today and I came up on a cow with all four legs sticking up in the air. I decided before I got to her that she was dead but that wasn't the case. She laid down on flat ground and somehow got on her back and couldn't get up. I did my due duty and got her flipped over and eventually standing. My thank you, a nice swift kick in the back of the foot. My foot is now swelled and I am having a hard time putting weight on it. Someday's you just want to kill em'.

Hope the value of the cow offsets any potential doctor bills. :wink: At least you saved her. We lost a cow from the same problem a few days ago,
as she was calving. One cow and one calf instantly down the drain. :(

I'm doing my best to walk it off. She wasn't calving just appeared to get all out of kilter. I explained my feelings in french as she walked off.

4Diamond said:

That's why cowboys weren't born wearing guns... :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
4Diamond said:

That's why cowboys weren't born wearing guns... :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:agree: :?

Latest posts