• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Something a lil different...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
We took the 29 Cadillac to the Keels and Wheels car show down at Kemah, Texas (Actually Seabrook) Huge car show. Some really nice nice cars there. But I took some pictures of alot of cars....and came home and edited to my hearts content on this one photo......I like how it turned out. Guess what color it is. :wink: And in a day or two I'll post the original photo.

2011-05-01-Keels-and-Wheels.jpg

here's the 29 cadillac that we've worked on for...seems like forever....restoring. It was a fun weekend. And for the first time it's been entered...we did ok.
Here it is...sittin among some really nice old cars.
2011-05-01--007.jpg

And here's the Chrome.....I'm really having fun editing and doing this with these old cars that have lots of the shiny stuff. :D
1929-Cadillac-Chrome.jpg

Soapweed...I thought about Sparky and his lil ole ride today. A couple of brothers have been after Mr. Lilly to come look at an old car that was their daddy's. I think it's a Model A. Real cute lil ole car. 4 door....runs, just needs a lil TLC. The brothers have asked Mr Lilly to buy it goin on a year or more now. Not that he wouldn't take it or anything.....but one brother wants to sell...and the other brother's not so sure. He kinda likes it. So this afternoon we went and took a look. Cranked right up. And because there's sentimental value attached to it for the one brother that showed it to us today. We talked him out of selling it. Told him keep it. Mr Lilly is gonna do a lil bit of tuning on it for him (because he said he knows nothing about working on one) so he can take it out for a coke on Saturday night....take his wife to get an icecream...stuff like that. Let him enjoy it. With the option that if he ever decides he really does want to sell it...we have first option. Was a real enjoyable visit with the fella. And we all walked away from the deal smiling.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Soapweed...I thought about Sparky and his lil ole ride today. A couple of brothers have been after Mr. Lilly to come look at an old car that was their daddy's. I think it's a Model A. Real cute lil ole car. 4 door....runs, just needs a lil TLC. The brothers have asked Mr Lilly to buy it goin on a year or more now. Not that he wouldn't take it or anything.....but one brother wants to sell...and the other brother's not so sure. He kinda likes it. So this afternoon we went and took a look. Cranked right up. And because there's sentimental value attached to it for the one brother that showed it to us today. We talked him out of selling it. Told him keep it. Mr Lilly is gonna do a lil bit of tuning on it for him (because he said he knows nothing about working on one) so he can take it out for a coke on Saturday night....take his wife to get an icecream...stuff like that. Let him enjoy it. With the option that if he ever decides he really does want to sell it...we have first option. Was a real enjoyable visit with the fella. And we all walked away from the deal smiling.

Y'all had fun and saved some money to boot. Can't beat a deal like that. :wink: :)

Ok ya'll...here's the original picture of the first car...before editing. 1957 Chevy!!! And it is most definately RED! Beautiful Car. Won best of Class in it's catagory. Some friends of ours own this car...and the whole time, the lady was worried to death that they wouldn't get anything because other cars in the class had more chrome. LOL
2011-05-01-Red-062.jpg

Latest posts