• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

something for "fightless Friday"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

My husband had the same deal, rancher. It lasted for 10 days. He felt better, went out and worked, then felt worse. So it kept coming and going. He had the aches all over. He still has a deep sore spot in his throat. Other than that, he seems to have lived through it. I got a cold, which I hardly ever do get, but I didn't get what he had, knock on wood.

Sure hope you get to feeling better.

BTW, another good 4-letter word I thought of today and I bet all you sick fellas will agree with: WIFE!!!

:lol: My Wife A Scottish Lass, swears by her Hot toddy recipe; it will cure most of what ails you.

1 1/2 oz Scotch Whiskey
1/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Sugar Syrup
1 slice Lemon
1 Clove
4 oz hot Water

Heat in a heat-resistant glass, and fill with hot water. Add a lemon slice speared with a clove, and serve.

Well it may not cure much but then after a couple scotchs, who cares :lol:

I'd much rather have the bad cold for two weeks than the food poisoning for a few hours. That was as close to dying as I've had the opportunity to experience. Much of the night was spent sitting in the little room with a bowl in my lap. My breathing was very labored, and my concerned wife was on the other side of the door asking if there was anything she could do. My reply was that I just wanted her to know it was for real, and that I was not faking. She said that nobody could act that good, which was reassuring in itself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soapweed, been there done that too. Happened to me in Phoenix, and I really didn't want to die there in some motel room. Please tell us you got sick on chicken or fish and not beef! LOL

My husband came back from Denver with the bug (so I blame this on his business trip). I should have found another bed but stayed by his side and came down with it a few days later- fever, sore throat which later went into much congestion of the head, then a cough which we still have weeks later. His chosen remedy was Contac. I decided to give MRJ's doctor's advice and chose peach schnapps. Our illnesses have progressed the same, I just have felt a little happier than he has!

Our son down south has had same thing most of January but it went into a sinus infection so my suggestion is do whatever you have to to beat down the head congestion lest it take up permanent residence. WE all concur it makes you feel dragged out for a long time. I was not able to get a flu shot this year (first time in probably 15 years) and I can't remember having a bug like this one. Next year we'll drive to Canada if we have to to find a flu shot.

nr said:
Our son down south has had same thing most of January but it went into a sinus infection so my suggestion is do whatever you have to to beat down the head congestion lest it take up permanent residence. WE all concur it makes you feel dragged out for a long time. I was not able to get a flu shot this year (first time in probably 15 years) and I can't remember having a bug like this one. Next year we'll drive to Canada if we have to to find a flu shot.

Sounds like the same one nr, trouble is the flu shot doesn't seem to help.The timetable is about the same as the one we had here so now you know rancher.

The posts about food poisoning bring back alot of painful memories, had both salmonila and e-coli from way south of the border. Much
safer to go north.

I got cows fed, came in and sucked down two glasses of ice water and headed to bed. 8 1/2 days to go, hope the rest of the family doesn't get it. Don't know where I got it. I say we outlaw the flu from North America and throw away the colds while we are at it. Sure take feeling good for granted.

Rancher it's just your old age catching up with you.
Post your address so if anybody knows a doctor that makes house calls they can give them DIRECTIONS. :cowboy:

rancher said:
I don't have a fever, so wonder what it is. Just aches, loose cough that about rips my throat out, hot inside and freezing on the outside, no headache or runny nose. Will go to bed after I get the cows fed. I spent most of the day in bed off and on, have to get up as it makes you ache more laying in one spot. I never did handle sick very well. Wife would be sick and kids sick at the same time and she still handle it all. I can hardly take care of my cows and me at one time. Whiskey is what I need.

Rancher whiskey has mended me more than once,like RANCHWIFE SAID BEER WILL MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE BUT YOU DRINK A QUART OF GOOD WHISKEY LAY DOWN A COUPLE HOURS WHEN YOU WAKE UP YOU WILL BE READY TO RUN A FOOT RACE..............GOOD LUCK

Big Muddy Rancher, If I post my address to hell with Dr. just bring a gun and fast.

I am too weak to type my address. :( Can sleep about an hour and have to move the old bones. Sure feel like hell for only being 29 years old.

rancher said:
I am too weak to type my address. :( Can sleep about an hour and have to move the old bones. Sure feel like hell for only being 29 years old.

Big Muddy and I would come down and feed for you, but we don't know where you're at- probably just end up in the Bison ruining our own health....... :lol:

For some reason I don't trust you to get through Miles City. Then next week I would have to read all the fun you had at the Bison on the trip to help Rancher. If you made it past Miles City, you probably would have to stop at the Montana in Broadus too. Starting to get the sneezes, so maybe I am on the down slope of the aches.

:wink: I have to agree with the whiskey thing.. Many years ago I had the "plague" and was on the couch with my son's comforter when a friend came to visit. My husband was gone with the kids but my friend said "I will fix you up!"...
Well, he did it alright...kept the hot whiskeys with lemon juice and honey coming till I was so @@@@ that I had to be put to bed! The next morning I felt like a million bucks, all germs, aches, pains, etc. were gone! Hey, whatever works!! :D
Hope everybody with the bugs gets better soon!

CW I bet you felt like a million because you were still drunk. My dad used to mix em strong, put lots of wool blankets on the bed and sweat it out. Maybe that is what the Indians sweat lodges did. I really want to try it, but hate to have a headache on top of it all if it doesn't work. :cry:

All this near death talk is depressing. It reminded me of a sermon our pastor gave a couple Sundays ago about what our last words on earth would be. After giving it a lot of thought, I think mine will probably be... Oh, Oh!

rancher said:

OH to be 29 again.....if you are aching now, just wait til the big 40 starts staring down at ya...the hubby will be 39 in march and my 36th is tuesday....ya wanna talk feel old??!! :wink:

sure hope you are feeling better!!

Heck, you folks are mere youngsters and still wet behind the ears. Consider yourselves lucky. At 53, I am just happy to still be kickin', and doing what I like to do. Have to brag a little bit, because I did ride horseback a hundred miles in one day (on five different horses) when I was almost 47 years old. My "almost 41 year old" wife accompanied me. We will probably never do that again, but we can say we did it once. :)

Latest posts