• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sometimes men are soooo dumb

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
I had two phone calls today from upset young women.first of all,my DIL phones me.."Im supposed to ask you,how to make hamburger soup properly"Apparently she made the soup but not how mom makes :?

Phone call nu.2 comes from my daughter....she made pot roast yesterday with potaoes,carrots and onions,her boyfriend said"Well I thought you'd automatically know how to make your moms beef dip recipe" :?

So now I have two wonderful young women that I love more then anything upset with ME...seriously I'm not a great cook,my MIL WAS a great cook and I ,like the girls have heard for MOST of my marriage..."thats not like my mom used to do it...try it again after you ask her how she does it" :? About all I could tell these girls who are both good cooks,someday your boys will be telling thier girlfriends-wifes the same. And I would love to have either girl cook for me :)

Soo guys a piece of advice....SHUT-UP and appreciate what she does make for you :!: :!: :!:

MEN :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luckily, my MIL wasn't that great of a cook, so I didn't have to experience that. But I know it is hard when you are young to measure up to someone that's had more culinary experience.

Take your boys aside and tell them to knock it off, or they'll be in the kitchen cooking ALONE!!!!!!! :wink:

:D :D

One of my aunts once got "in trouble" with a "hoidy toidy" neighbor lady for saying this about the men in our family.........

"....feeding them is just like slopping the hogs.... it doesn't matter what you give them as long as there is lots of it..."

Amen and pass the fried baloney and leftover spuds. :D

I Alway told the wife she needed to cook like my mom, but after 34 yrs. of her cooking, I like it better than mom's. just my 2 cents :oops:

A poem that was down from my Mom to my wife.

To my NEW Husband!

"Remember this my Darling,
I fully realize
You loved your Mothers cooking
The Christmas cakes and pies

But when comparing efforts
Maintain your family pride
You didn't have to eat the flops
She cooked when just a bride" :roll:

I'm lucky, DH usually tells me I do better than my mom or his. :wink: They are both very good cooks so I don't know what planet he is from.lol

Mr Lilly said that a couple times when we first got married.....the old "that aint how my mama does it" to which I replied, "Do I look like your mother?"

That worked on several different things...such as her comin into his room pickin up after him. I put my foot down right away that I wasn't gonna do that, he had just as much capability of pickin his stuff up as I did. So he helps me clean house.
I don't have an aversion to learnin how to cook things his mother cooks. But bein told "that aint how she does it" just didnt fly...

We have a rule that has been past down from my family and it is: If you complain about the food, you get to fix the next meal...... I have no complaining. The foods they like from there grandmothers and mothers they get to eat when they eat at there houses.... Done deal.... I can't and don't fry chicken, I can't even clean one without getting dry heeves, so no problems....

I never say that to my wife... Never. If I want a recipe from my mom, I call her, I badger her, and than I cook it.. Nothing worse than people complaining about the cooking, hear my friends talk about their girlfriend's or wife's cooking and complainig bout and I just ask them plain and simple, can you do any better? If the answer is no than be quiet and eat and if the answer is yes than maybe, I don't know, you should help her cook or do the cooking yourself? Most of these folks are dual income family's with both folks getting home at the same time so it is not like, you know, she has an advantage of time over him...

Good natured kidding is one thing but complaining to the point of upsetting her? That is just wrong. Mom taught both her boys how too cook before we went away to college and the boy here is going to learn to cook too.... Hopefully the wife will teach them how to bake because I know spit about baking.

The rule around here is, if you don't like what I make, go without or find something else yourself. I'm not going to make something else just to please his fussy tastebuds!

As for cooking like my MIL (God rest her soul), it'll never happen. She always had thick cream to cook with, and everything was made out of her head. No recipes to follow, just a bit of this, a bit of that. If I cooked that way, it'd be a disaster!

My mom was an excellent cook, and so was my father as a matter of fact, but fortunately for me, my MIL cooks basic food with no flair or imagination, so I don't have a hard act to follow. My husband hadn't a clue how to cook much when we got married, and didn't complain if something flopped. He is getting to be a master at turning on the oven and throwing in something frozen so it'll be done by the time I get home from work, so I don't complain! He can even manage hamburger helper, but is still pretty basic if it isn't barbequed.

The only thing hubby gets fussy about is my tater soup. It is not as good as his mothers and I'm the first to say so. I even have her recipie.

Shortly after we were married I made meatloaf at his request. My mother's meatloaf would make a dog barf so I took his mother's suggestions and added a few things of my own. He took a few bites and hopped up to get the telephone. He said he had to call his mom cause my meat loaf was better than hers. What he didn't realize was THAT was her meatloaf!!! I've not lived that one down yet. But now she stops out quite often for dinner.

This will be one thing that whenever my son gets married...his wife will never hear.."it aint like mom's"... :lol: :lol: My hubby knew from day one of dating that I didn't cook...and he still married me anyway...In fact he was the one who taught me the few things I can cook now...he came from a family that everyone cooked and they enjoyed it. I came from "fast food" and "microwaveable" types. But after 21 yrs. of marriage and living on the ranch where ya just don't go to town for days and days at a time....I've learned a few things...lol

Why don't mothers teach their daughters how to cook nowdays. I am a man but love to cook and learned to cook growing up. Many girls today don't have a clue and never will learn. They will just heat up something in a box or bring home something from a carry -out place.

I know most women today have a job outside the house but its sure nice to eat a home cooked meal. When my wife worked in town we took turns cooking and that helped.

It is a old saying but true that the way to a mans heart is thru his stomach.

Johnny

Latest posts