• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sorry I didn't get the contest up....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Wednesday afternoon....Mr. Lilly got a phone call from his auto mechanics teachers son. He'd passed away the day before and they asked if Mr Lilly would be a pall bearer. Also wanted him to go thru all his motors...and shop stuff...old flat heads especially and get what he wanted. They also wanted to use Mr Wolfe's car in the funeral somehow because it was his pride and joy...1947 ford. But "something" was wrong with it.

Well.....I said......I really think we should go NOW!!! if you may have to work on a car and no one knows what's wrong with it. None of his three sons are mechanically inclined....so they had no clue.

So we did. Threw everything needed for a 4 day weekend stay....and drove the 525 miles to my home town in West Texas. He thought so much of this man....he was his mentor in high school....his pit crew when he raced sprint cars.....his go to man when he needed to ask a question. In all these 30 years he's called him every couple months to ask questions...or just see how he's doing. He will be missed.

I posted the contest just now....so it's up for voting. Then we can continue on.....with a new contest this wednesday. We are back home now...pulled in about 9:30.

FH I didn't see that you'd called until a bit ago....didn't wanna call and wake anyone up. Thanks for staying on top of things....and for being concerned.....I missed my lil "Thumper" while I was gone.....she sent me pictures...and he's gotten fat in 4 days~!!!!!

No they can vote on these now...go ahead and post the catagory for the upcoming contest to be posted this coming wednesday. And they can start sending in entries for that one.

Latest posts