• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sorry Soap

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you weren't able to get anything done today. Sounded like maybe you gave it a heck of a run though!!

eatbeef said:
Linenbrink Ranch auction???

Yes, that was it. It isn't often that adjoining land becomes available for sale. We only wanted a small part of the ranch, which was just a parcel of Parcel 1. Right off the bat, Parcel 1 was tied in with Parcel 2, so I took it upon myself to bid on the whole shebang for just a little bit. I had confidence that I could find buyers for the 80% of the ranch that we didn't want, but the poor old Kosmo Kid was sweating blood. :) We struck out, but it was fun while it lasted. I told the real estate agents that it got my adrenalin going for a few minutes, and one of them mentioned that the skydiver record-setter probably didn't have anything on me in that department. He was kind of right. :wink:

To bad you couldnt get what bordered you and glad you gave it a run. Local buyer? Price?

Nice to see ya today Soap.... Was one of those days I really needed... Nice to be around good folks.... I had forgotten how to walk in sand.... hee hee hee... That was a beautiful place, I wish hubby could of seen it.... And you need to be more freeer with the bidding.... :wink:

I know how you feel Soapweed. McIntosh ranch sold southwest of Chambers today, 2,359 acres @ $1662/acre average, same buyer took all 3 tracts. We bordered on two sides, but for Sandhills pasture/meadow, that's hard to make pencil.

I know nothing of that country but sounds cheap compared to $2k-$3k an acre here for mainly deer hunting country

$508/acre sounds mighty good even if it would be hard to pencil, with that young bunch you got be money in the bank someday.
I truthfully think Im in the wrong place.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
$508/acre sounds mighty good even if it would be hard to pencil, with that young bunch you got be money in the bank someday.
good luck

When you figure 25 acres/ pair, $508 WILL NOT WORK!! I don't care if it is right in your back door.
One of these years things are going to make the correction back to where it should be, and I sure wouldn't want to be sitting on that much of an investment, but I guess that is just me.

Well it's easy to come to conclusions about land values so far from home, but I might be forgiven for thinking the same as Hay Maker when you compare it to ours at $15,000 an acre?:?

2 acres per pair for one year's keep . . .

No wonder there are so few cows left around here?

I truthfully think I was born in the right place but in the wrong century! :wink:

LazyWP said:
HAY MAKER said:
good luck

When you figure 25 acres/ pair, $508 WILL NOT WORK!! I don't care if it is right in your back door.
One of these years things are going to make the correction back to where it should be, and I sure wouldn't want to be sitting on that much of an investment, but I guess that is just me.

There are alot of folks that would disagree with that theory, with the markets like they are all the big money guys are parking their dollars in land.
Truthfully that's the only place I have ever made any money and would damn sure rather be sitting on a few sections when things go south than some paper.....................good luck

I'm glad I went to the auction.... Was from what I could see one of the best home places around. The trees and lots where without a doubt the best for protection.... Was it fancy? NO.... But ranching there would of been a dream.

Now back to the price... It was doable in my books...Especially with neighbors who wanted parts of the ranch. I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't sell parts seperate and see what brought the most money...

Family operations ranching and farming is a something EVERYONE who makes a living with family better know what the future holds for them... What we have learned is what NOT TO DO. My hubby will not get paid for twelve years he worked....And I see so many people who are set up by their family and never appreciate what they have...And we won't even get into the spouse deal.... I wish nothing but the best for everyone.... But you better know what will happen down the line one way or another....

Latest posts