• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sparky's new mud boat, November 4, 2010

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Sparkysmudboat.jpg

Sparky's built a mud boat.
Itskindofanoisymachine.jpg

It's kind of a noisy machine.
Butthatishowhelikesit.jpg

But that is the way he likes it.
Thislittlepropellerissupposedtopushyouanywhere.jpg

This little propeller is supposed to push you anywhere.
EventheU-jointsarecamouflaged.jpg

Even the U-joints are camouflaged.
Youcanseewhereyouaregoing.jpg

You can see where you are going, anytime of the day or night.
Theproprietorandhismother.jpg

The proprietor and his mother
Showinghowitworks.jpg

Showing how it works
Duckgetter.jpg

Duck getter
Sparky.jpg

Sparky

When I was in college I had a boat like that, for what I paid for it I wish I would have been talented enough to build one. Did he build the motor too? Believe it or not that motor will push that boat anywhere that the boat will float!

looks like he is getting ready for "swamp people" better get him to the dentist and remove a few teeth first...otherwise he won't fit in !

Cool. If Sparky knows what he is doing, you had better buckle up for the flooding...

Like everything else that comes out of that cinder block shop, that boat looks like it is constructed with excellent design and workmanship.

From now on, are we to address the proprietor as "Crocodile Sparky"? :wink: :p 8) :D

PS: Now I got that old Jerry Reed song in my head about "Amos Moses". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never realized there was enough water in the Sandhills to have mud! :eek: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would be at home in Sout Loosyanna!!!

RobertMac said:
I never realized there was enough water in the Sandhills to have mud! :eek: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would be at home in Sout Loosyanna!!!

I was thinkin the same thang.....but I do recall quite a few pictures soapweed has posted over the years of fairly decent sized lakes. I"m assuming that's where he'll be taking this boat duck huntin.

Tenny and Rex found a John boat that size on the river it had probably washed down with high water and got stuck on a bar. They tipped it over and drained it then floated down the river 2 miles and pulled it out at a boat access. They sold it for $150 for Tenny's college expenses. She also floated an abandon wood canoe and recovered it, but it needs some work.
Oh great job there

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Do ya'll eat the ducks? I tried it ONCE....never again. Uhggggg (doin that quivver shivver thing)
'pends on the duck...driver ducks(mostly fish eaters), I agree with ya. Puddle ducks(mallard, pintail, teal, woodduck) that's another story. My Grandma(a little Sicilian woman) had a recipe for duck legs to kill for...sauté a bunch of chopped onions, bellpepper, garlic...add wine and water to make a deep pot to stew the legs in all day long...eat over rice...the meat would fall off the bone. Guarantee you'd like it!

I never did care for anything that grew feathers,but one time I had a Lady friennd that just loved to hunt she would hunt anything includin ducks she cooked duck for me one Sunday stuffed with wild rice,right then I knew I had to stay away from that woman,only time I ever ate something that grew feathers thats was delicious.
good luck

That one would be right at home down here. Plenty of mud flats right now with the Canadian air we're enjoying. Nice job by Sparky Slagburn Shipbuilders Inc.

Latest posts