• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sparky's new truck

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Sparkyistheproudowner800x600.jpg

Sparky is the proud owner of a new truck.
ItisaDiamond-Tbrand800x600.jpg

It is a Diamond-T brand.
Niceinsignia800x600.jpg

Nice insignia
Afancygrill800x600.jpg

A fancy grill
Thelasttimeitwaslicensedwas1964800x600.jpg

The last time it was licensed was 1964.
Probablyaprettygoodoutfit800x600.jpg

Probably a pretty good outfit in its day
Tachograph800x600.jpg

Tachograph
Ithadadomelight800x600.jpg

It had a dome light.
Rubbermats800x600.jpg

Rubber mats
Andspringseats600x800.jpg

And comfortable spring seats
Sandertanks800x600.jpg

Sander tanks. This were filled with sand, and if the wheels started to slip on ice, a valve would release sand in front of the tires.
Quitetheinvention800x600.jpg

Quite the invention
Fifthwheelhitch800x600.jpg

Fifth wheel hitch.

Sparky is as happy as a puppy with a fresh calf hide over the acquisition of his new truck. :)

I know a guy that would pay lots of money for that truck. What part of the country did he dig it out of?

Neat! I remember those tattle tales. They told if you were running, how fast, if you sat, how long and if the motor was running or off. I graduated from high school in 1964. What gear set up does or did it have?

I'm guessing Jersey Lilly could fix up some pretty fancy new upholstery for that outfit!

mrj

I showed these to my son and he thought it was quite ahead of the times with those sand tanks. Does the trailer lock onto the fifth wheel and it pivots down on the truck?

When the biggest wheel in our county died, the family sold a BUNCH of stuff at auction. This was a couple of years ago. I know he had a pretty damn nice Diamond T, I think it was a '59, that went up to Cherry county. They were going to use it to pull a floor trailer. I think they paid 8-9K for it. (No restoration needed)

When the local cattle hauler was alive and in bidness, he also had a '58 or '59 Diamond T he used to pull his only floor trailer. It's name was "the Pelican". :D

If Sparky the Smithy puts a bed on it, it MIGHT be able to handle a portable welder with the cutting torch and tanks... :wink: 8) :lol:

Isn't "30" the plate number for Gregory County in SD? I only ask that because my step-dad is from Gregory County.

You guys said what I was thinking. As a welder myself, I was seeing a really cool old rig truck. Either an early 60's Lincoln redface or an old Lincoln shorthood on there.

However he does it though, Im sure will be first rate.

Good luck
Tex

Latest posts