• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Speaking of Aid...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
How many of you Canadians have heard of this happening or experienced it?

I was telling my brother (a cattle finisher) that I got a CAIS cheque for 2003. He said, "Well that's why they want mine back, so they can give it to you."

Seems they made a mistake at the CAIS office and "miscalculated" his payment and now they expect him to repay it.

All $2000!

:roll: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you...."

Same here MLA, got a letter demanding just about 1/2 of the 2003 CAIS payment back.

To top this of, the amount they want back is included in the 2004 T4 as taxable income. So what is happening, they are taxing it in the 2004 tax year, then demanding it back in 2005. I called and asked about this and was told we could expense the refund to CAIS. But when i asked if this is a eligible expense under CAIS I was told probably "NO". My other question was, "What if i dont need anymore expenses in 2005?, Can i carry this expense forward", again "NO". I am getting really PO'ed at CAIS and these goverment programs, give us $1 and tax and claw back a $1.10...go figure

I'm still waiting for our letter telling us to repay ours back. :? I've heard of that happening alot. Wonder if they'd take it back in trade? I've got a few cows here I'd be willing to let go!

Latest posts