• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Speaking of health care systems.......

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'm happy with our system. I think one of the big advantages is that since a regular old visit to the family doctor doesn't cost anything out of pocket, there are a lot of problems picked up early, while they are still small problems. You don't have the tendency to wait until it's really bad before you go and check it out.

I worked at a doctor's office a few years ago, and more than a couple of times saw people coming in for what they thought was just an odd pain, and then finding themselves going directly to hospital. A couple of years later, one of those people was me! I had been bitten by a cat, just two hours before, and thought it was starting to look infected. Actually it was already past infected and into blood poisoning already! I was told I may have lost my arm if I hadn't gotten it attended to so fast. If that office call had been a direct expense, I'm pretty sure I'd have left it until later.

The biggest drawback of our system is the wait times for elective things, but if it's an emergency, the service is excellent.

At the risk of Ratting-on or Outing-Myself

At 32 years of age and in the prime of my "Horseman's Years" I CHOOSE to vest-my-self of almost everything to spend the last 5 years of my second WIFES'S life in the Hospital with her. I got to see first Hand the wonderful care Insurance and Stanford gave her.

Again in the prime of rebuilding my life and at the age 45 God let me CHOSE a Loved One Again and I "Became Mr. Mom" for the next 25 years – a 24/7 Job, the best job I have ever had.

I have paid my share of Taxes – with the help of other Low Income Families "I have learned to Play The System" and not feel Bad. Thanks to that system I have the best Medical care available in the USA. At on time I asked my Doctor, "What If" I Had Insurance. The Doctor said Why? You Gave The Best Insurance Going and It's Free.

I play the system but I see others Over Playing The System and I resent that…

Drugs: At the county all my drugs are Free 30 Days at a time. At Walgreen I pay $3.50 per prescription for 90 days of each drug.

Latest posts