• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

spot,floodlight's

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hayguy

Reaction score
what's everyone using for hand held flood or spot light's these day's?

it seem's that the bargain bin variety that i've been buying don't seem to last very long. am looking for some quality and value for the buck. IF that can be had :lol:

I have a Black & Decker that is very good, but the cheap ones have one advantage: they are lighter. :shock:

I use a go light I think it's the basic model that they have. I had it for awhile not sure which model it is need to dig it out of the shed. I like it when it's snowing and blowing don't need to stick your hand out if your checking cows in a pickup. Not handy if you need a hand held but has good beam on it.
Mine doesn't seem to stick tight to the cab. Found that out when I was driving down the road at 65 and it fell off the cab. Thankfullynthencord was short enough it didn't hit the ground.

One of these in a Maglite Charger. Lots of light in small tough package, puts out more light than the headlights on my 2007 Arctic Cat 4-wheeler.

http://www.terraluxportable.com/product/tle-310mr-ex/

This is what I use. Its a Rayovac, 2 C cell battery. With 2 LED settings. Small enough to hold next to your scope, for coons, but powerful enough to see out there. I think I paid $35 for them at True Value.

001-11.jpg

I have yet to change batteries, and am going on 2 years.

LazyWP said:
This is what I use. Its a Rayovac, 2 C cell battery. With 2 LED settings. Small enough to hold next to your scope, for coons, but powerful enough to see out there. I think I paid $35 for them at True Value.

001-11.jpg

I have yet to change batteries, and am going on 2 years.

We have the same thing with the same results... Love mine for checking cows..

thank-you all for the replies, those led conversion kit's for the mag lites sound interesting as i have a few older ones kicking around.

Flying S, why Brinkman or what makes you a fan. toughness? brightness? cost? or what else.

Friend of mine has a 1,000,000 candle power light that came with a female thread at the base of the grip. He welded a matching bolt to the ring on the forestock of his 45.70 and screwed the light on. The bears don't dig his garden up much anymore! :lol:

Foa handheld lantern, look into the Streamlight series.

Vulcan, Litebox or Firebox.

Rechargeble with a vehicle charging cradle, used by firedepartments everywhere becouse of their reliability and ruggedness, not to mention great customer service.

For weapons lights, go with Surefire ;)

bart.

I like Brinkmann, because they seam to be very durable and they have stood the test of time. If I need bulbs, batteries, etc. I can get them about anywhere and for any age of light. I have also used a Cyclops, bought at Cabelas, and liked it very much but does not hold a charge as long as the light I told you about. I had an optronics light but found it hard to find accessories and replacement parts. Brinkmann also seems to have a decent price and those prices stay consistent. I carry mag lights in my vehicles, they are easy to store and batteries last a long time.

We have an old Brinkman that we have had around for at least ten years.It has a twelve volt cigarette lighter plug on the end that we have replaced a couple of times but the light is extremely bright and weighs next to nothing. It has outlasted several of the rechargeable ones and never goes dead if the rig you are plugged into is running. I can tell several sad stories of the rechargeable ones crapping out at the least handy times or the carpal tunnel syndrome the battery loaded ones caused, not to mention trying to find or afford the replacement rechargeable batteries blah blah.

I just picked up a little spot light at car quest. Interstate put their name on it and it takes 4 double A batteries. Cost 30 bucks and came with a 24 pack of batteries. It only has 1 little LED in it but its really bright and its extremely light. I have used it alot this past week and haven't changed batts. I cant tell you how durable they are yet as I just got one. I also have a go light and I love it.

Latest posts