• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Spotlights

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A vet I know bought one of those Braun dual LEDs on a portable stand and it works great. They come in all powers and both spot and flood. Whatever you get, get LED and they should last for many years.

Do you have electricity in your calving area? If so that 18K lumen Braun should light it up.

I have had good results with my Ryobi LED handheld which uses the 18v rechargeable battery that works on other tools. For spot purposes, it really carries.

Last edited:
I have a Milwaukee M18 high out put. It uses the same battery as some of my cordless tools and the same charger. You can use it like a standard flashlight or stand it on end and rotate the head to get it pointed where you want. I have had this one 2 years and is still going strong. One down side is when it goes dead it goes dead. Good thing is I can go to the shop and rob the battery out of one of the tools.

A vet I know bought one of those Braun dual LEDs on a portable stand and it works great. They come in all powers and both spot and flood. Whatever you get, get LED and they should last for many years.

Do you have electricity in your calving area? If so that 18K lumen Braun should light it up.

I have had good results with my Ryobi LED handheld which uses the 18v rechargeable battery that works on other tools. For spot purposes, it really carries.
This is for on the 4 wheeler and side by side. I'll check out the Ryobi, most rechargeables are heavy, is yours?

This is for on the 4 wheeler and side by side. I'll check out the Ryobi, most rechargeables are heavy, is yours?
Mine isn't heavy with the 4-hour battery. It is about the same as my 3 cell LED Mag light. Webfoot has the Milwaukie which is also handy and high quality. I went with the Ryobi because I have several batteries and tools.

For your side-by-side and/or ATV you can get some high-power LED handhelds that also have a holder that mounts on your rig. I have seen them mounted on each side and have a telephone-style cord so you can take them out and check out any direction.

Maybe consider a LED bar for your side by side. Those things are bright.

This one you can't take out for handheld uses, but it rotates all around and up and down.

Last edited:
We have 3 Browning spotlights that use 4 C cell batteries. Pretty light and fresh batteries at the start of calving usually last the season.
I have a light bar on side x side that would light up the whole corral but something went wrong and the fuse holder malted out, Haven't figured out just how to fix it.

The best penlite i could find on the market is one from Harbor Freight
I bought a light that mounts on my flagpole there too. Solar powered and works awesome. Also got some small solar powered motion detector lights I put on my camp trailer and the grain shed. $11 each and work perfect. Harbor freight is a pretty good store.

My 4 wheeler has real bright head lights. Just hit the high beam and point it in the right direction. You can see forever. My old or the wife's 03 one not so much. Maybe just go buy a new 4 wheeler.

Latest posts