• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Spring Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Triple_S

Reaction score
Some various pictures from this spring
2.jpg

Moving a herd to a new pasture with some shade for summer. Pushing everything to one group in the center of the pasture.
5.jpg

Lead cows following you makes the job pretty easy most of the time
3.jpg

Last calf of the year for my main cow herd
1.jpg

Headed to the woods and a rainbow
4.jpg

Heifer bull seems to be holding up well for his first season
photo1.jpg

Did this for 3 days
cadencalf.jpg

Then resorted to this and the heifer got a ride to town
89.jpg

My son's first cow had his first calf. He's kinda proud.
blakely.jpg

Didn't want to leave out my little sweetheart. And yes, daddy made the flower jewlery
hay.jpg

Fescue/Orchard grass hay on the ground. After the first day the sun came out and made nice hay.
8.jpg

Note to self - check 3 point hitch position before baling
9.jpg

Starting clipping some pastures. Impossible to find young calves in this. I try to clip them before turning cow/calf pairs on it.
turkey.jpg

Turkey that didn't get off her nest in time
truckfence.jpg

Rain, new asphalt, alcohol, and a bucket of chicken= free ride to jail for him and fence work for me
s2.jpg

End of another great spring day

Nice pictures, envious of your good looking hay. Love the tractor and red baler, that's the only way to roll :wink:

How did you catch the baler tongue with the 3 point hitch? I have a similar outfit and would like to avoid doing that. Nice pictures, cute kid and pretty country.

I bale with the 7330 and used to run with the hitch all the way up. It will clear even turning in swells in the up position. However my hitch leaks down about half way over night and I forgot to raise it before baling. Since the wreck I have asked several others how they bale and decided to run it all the way down so the arms swing under the hitch. The only thing I don't like about this is dragging in big windrows. But, if I forget, it's already in a good position. I finished the field with another baler of my cousins that is identical and it cost me roughly $600 to fix. If i wouldn't have had his baler and ha to overnight it, it would have cost another $200 and some really dry hay. You live and learn.

Nice pictures, your grass looks real good, and kids are having fun, isn't farm life great. Except for the fence to fix and the baler to repair.

Latest posts