• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Spring time in Alberta

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I've been told this is because all the storms have been coming from the southwest Pacific, rather than the Northwest. Have you had a lot of rain, also?

greg and I live 50 miles apart. There hasn't been much for rain or moisture period. Sure makes the countryside look dry when there's no snow and everything's just brown. Weird thing is, we've had frost so heavy some mornin's it's caused grief with the power lines. That's the only time it's felt like winter, is the mornins with hoard frost hangin off everything.

The snow is a BIG part of our yearly moisture.Pures right it looks dry,and dirty out there,the cattle are not used to this weather,they're used to eating snow in winter,different kinda year.

I was out picking up some hay bales today and had to have the A/C on in the tractor(only during the 45 minutes that the sun was out).
I sh!t you not!!! :lol: :lol:

It's been a very mild winter and we've received just a touch of snow; makes the swath grazing stretch out better. Some say we'll pay later but I say it's one less day of winter to face!We are having trouble with watering cows on dugouts; too mild and holes not freezing up right; no wrecks yet like NR but it could happen anytime! If this is global warming I'm all for it!!! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts