• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Springlike..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
Despite the NON springlike weather we've been having, there are signs that it's on it's way...lol

B110Calving-Season_edited-1.jpg

All the spring cows in one area..some pairs..mostly heavies

B108Spring-Calves_edited-1.jpg

B147Chewin-Cud_edited-1.jpg

Talk about HEAVY..

B93Tom-Plowing_edited-1.jpg

Plowing the 3 pivot fields

A278Spring_edited-1.jpg

Getting a cool refreshing drink from a natural spring...and trying not to get minnows in the cup..lol

A280CrabClaw_edited-1.jpg

Found this crab claw at the springs..never knew we had em here in the sandhills..

B13Swans_edited-1.jpg

This is the 3rd year that this pair of Swans have come to nest

B47Koda--Windmill_edited-1.jpg

Old wooden windmill...last of it's kind on this ranch..

B158Sandhills-Cranes_edited.jpg

Sandhills Cranes..stopped on the meadows for a break and snack

B161Sandhills-Crane_edited-.jpg

There were probably a thousand cranes..and they were spooky and noisy!

B28Sunrise_edited-1.jpg

One of the very few sunrises in the last several weeks..

We see the cranes going over head but I can't remember ever seeing them on the ground in this area.

We are a little spring like here today as well. :D

I had the chain harrows out dragging the big stack yard knocking down some ruts and I even raised a dust. :shock: :D :D

Can't get enough pictures of those black bovines. Behold the bovines, birds, breaking plows and other beautiful photos.

It's sure nice to spring spring peeking over the horizon!

We had our first spring thunder shower here this morning. It was actually a very warm, sustained rain that gave the fields a green tinge.

And Hay!! I have HAY left over this year!!!

Beautiful pics Jassy . I said wow out loud at least three times . Thanks for sharing, you sure live in pretty country and the cattle look great too. :D

Love your horse too, very pretty . :)

The cranes, That is some picture. It is hard to get a close up picture like that. I don't see the flocks of cranes flying over in the spring or the fall like they did years ago. Maybe they have a different flyway now. I have only seen them on the ground here a few times in my lifetime. One year we had 2 or 3 inches of snow on the ground, they stayed here feeding and resting in a corn field for a couple of days. One year a pair stayed about a week, they must have been played out. They would get up and fly but stayed in about the same location. Later they probably joined another flock so were gone. One year a lone crane stayed here about a week He must have lost his mate, maybe he was greiving. He stayed on the ground, he didn't fly. In the mornings and again in the evenings we would hear him as he walked from one end of the pasture to the other. We would hear him first at one end of the pasture, then in less then five minutes he would be in the other. They can move fast with their long legs.

Latest posts