• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

SSAP's bull sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

:) Need to find out what the 2 yr olds brought (my memory ain't worth .... these days). Will try and post results tomorrow before the bunny comes.

It was a good sale, we're happy, now we have to wait at least one year for everyone else to be happy.

Happy egg hunting everyone ~ hope your Easter is spent with family and nice spring weather.

S.S.A.P. said:
:) Need to find out what the 2 yr olds brought (my memory ain't worth .... these days). Will try and post results tomorrow before the bunny comes.

It was a good sale, we're happy, now we have to wait at least one year for everyone else to be happy.

Happy egg hunting everyone ~ hope your Easter is spent with family and nice spring weather.

Big like!

CA

Finally got it organized and online ... :)
RESULTS for April 18, 2014
48 Yearling Black Angus Bulls ~ Averaged $4,697.00 ~ ( $225,450 gross )
10 Two-Yr-Old Black Angus Bulls ~ Averaged $4,670.00 ~ ( $46,700 gross )

A high of $9100 to a new customer (who bought two), second highest was $8000 to a repeat customer, followed by a $7300, then a $6700 with a $6800 high for our nephew's 2-yr-olds. Buyers came from British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.

The bulls we recommended for use on heifers were a popular choice. Full results here: http://southshadow.homestead.com/Bulls_For_Sale.html

Setting aside family time, the hours before and after the sale are highlights of the year but that 1 1/2 hours of auction chant has to be the most stressful!

Best wishes all, for a tight and successful breeding season and thanks to the bidders, buyers and those that inquired.

2 year olds never seem to bring the value they should be......as we have moved into later calving, wondering if I should push hard for later markets....June/July or hold most over as two year olds....but it doesn't seem to pay.....

Latest posts