• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Steer calf pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Grassfarmer said:
Silver said:
Grassfarmer said:
Your calves look tremendous Silver - a fine accomplishment for your years work. Only a pity the returns weren't better.

It's not my years of work GF, I'm just the third generation, slowly buying into what the second generation has built up from what he slowly bought from the first generation :wink:
But thank you.

OK so I missed out an apostrophe - it meant to read "a fine accomplishment for your year's work" I didn't say "years of work either" though so I guess we're both wrong :wink:

:oops:

Silver said:
Grassfarmer said:
Silver said:
It's not my years of work GF, I'm just the third generation, slowly buying into what the second generation has built up from what he slowly bought from the first generation :wink:
But thank you.

OK so I missed out an apostrophe - it meant to read "a fine accomplishment for your year's work" I didn't say "years of work either" though so I guess we're both wrong :wink:

:oops:
:lol: :lol:

I was just curious and don't need to know. I think it is awesome that you were able to take advantage of a guarantee and don't think anyone up or down stream would have a problem with that. Very fine set of calves.

It's not unheard of for a salebarn owner to have an order on a set of cattle at a price, and conduct business accordingly, at least I thought so.

They used to garantee prices up here quite a bit too-really no differtent than buying them in country and running them through the ring. There's truckers who've retired hauling Nilson cattle from one Nilson barn to the other. Up here they were pretty safe on the price garantee-didn't stroke many cheques. Those calves can go right on full feed.

Latest posts