• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Still waiting for Itrap4U

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SJ

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Itrap4u--These areas are deemed multi use areas, and are managed for such, problem being more hunters get closed out of some of these areas, so cattle can be kept in there longer!!!

Tell me where this has happened?

Our numbers have been cut.

In the Black Hills there is supposedly 8000 (GF&P claims) head of Elk on the public ground and private land 365 days a year. There is supposedly 12000 units for domestic livestock for 120 days per year on public ground. The 8000 head of elk are not fenced out of the private land EVER but the domestic livestock is fenced out of the public land for 245 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet overgrazing is always blamed on the livestock owner. The landowner is alos responsible for the fencing of his livestock on these leases and part of any water development.

Sj, it seems to me, and I don't know the first thing about your situation, but it seems that the public and the regulations look at managed livestock different than wild livestock. "managed" being the main word in that statement.

I really want to know where that happened. I am not saying it didn't just tell me when and where.

Maybe he is counting antelope with SH. Maybe this weekend they will be back and have the answers.

Latest posts