• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Stolen Semen

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Rancher Offers Reward For Stolen Semen

The cattle rancher says the stolen specimens are worth $75,000.

Wolfsville, MD -- A rural Maryland cattle rancher Eric Fleming is offering a reward in hopes of finding who took his entire supply of bull semen, valued at $75,000.

The Frederick County farmer discovered the theft Sunday evening after returning from a day trip to his farm in Wolfsville.

The cache, which included the valuable semen of several prominent sires, comprised Fleming's entire supply.

Fleming has spread the word about the theft on websites of interest to cattle breeders and the sheriff's office is investigating.

The semen was stored in six canisters that were taken from a refrigeration tank, apparently by someone who brought one of their own.

Hope you catch the mongrels.
I'm having trouble with cattle being stolen off a family property and have had no help from our rural crime officers. I have had to do the investigating myself. I have stacks of proof and know who took them so hopefully something will happen soon.
Colin

The semen was stored in six canisters that were taken from a refrigeration tank, apparently by someone who brought one of their own.

They did not take the tank? I dought it.

What does the - - Ah SAY - - what does the Insurance Investigator have to say about the evidence? Were fingerprints taken? Was a "break-in" part of the deed? Any witnesses as to someone driving up to the place? Has he had any trouble lately regarding customers or neighbors? It seems to me that this would be a Detective's joy to investigate!

An Electronic Alarm System MIGHT have prevented the theft!

Been there! Done that! - - -"T" shirt!

DOC HARRIS

OK going to ask a question I am sure some will say is dumb BUT
How big is a refrigeration tank? How often is semen stolen?
OK that was 2 but the only way I will learn is to ask.

Latest posts