• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

STOLEN

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TWOROPES

Reaction score
TnT CATTLE COMPANY IN BASTROP TEXAS HAD TWO OF THIER BEST CUR DOGS STOLEN LAST NIGHT FROM THE PENS. IF ANY OF YOU TEXANS WHO RUN IN THE CUR-DOG CROWD HEAR ANYTHING, PLEASE PM ME. THANKS, TWOROPES.

Sorry to hear that,were there any discerning marks on the dogs? Its gotten so utterly rediculus that we brand any dogs we intend on keeping around,and have still had them stolen...Might want to check any "drivers" that delivered loads that night,or anytime soon,youre so close to san antone and austin ya never know tho...Ill keep my ears open...By the way i just got back from (horse) shoeing school and plan on rolling out to one of a few outfits i have lined up to work on,so when i land,or at least get a better idea on where ill be i want to talk pups.Be carefull out there,as for me i gotta go fight 3 colts for their feet... :roll:

just curious about the dog branding???? How do you do that? Been thinking about frezze branding mine but have never talked to anyone who has and don't know how long to leave it etc. Heard about the chips but what is the point unless they take them to the vet and they happen to scan them.

Its pretty much like freeze branding a horse,except ya gotta keep em still,I generally "burn it" till the count of 8 because i want all the hair to fall away,I havent done it on a long haired dog,tho im sure i will brand my bc's,i think it would look good to have my brand in white hair on em,but ill probobly take them to the vet so theres no phycological damadge(dope em up),my cur dogs dont mind me holding them down,in fact they usually get up and try to wrassle,but the border collies,man i swear i cant give mine a cross look without their feelings getting hurt,if theres noone around that absolutely knows what theyre doing,just go to the vet,trust me it aint worth doin yourself.yall be carefull...

I've never heard of branding a dog...but it sure would stand out. Just for fun once when we shaved our border long hair..we shaved our brand on her hip..shorter than the rest..it did look kind of cool for a couple of days till the hair started growing out...lol

Seen plenty of dogs branded. And yes it does stand out. Tee Woolman used to brand his wiener dogs with his T- brand and it was definitely noticeable

I tried branding my ole curr dog but couldnt get him out under the covers.
The sorry mange mut got more fleas then my girlfriend, eats just a s much and get around on 3 legs better than me....

Latest posts