• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Storm is Here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Storm has now hit here--30+ mph winds with gust over 50 and heavy rain-Temp is really dropping--Just plumb nasty out there, but must have about a 1/4 inch of rain already by the puddles (too nasty to go check rain gauge)...

Glad it held off until afternoon- Spent the morning looking for a new calf, that a cow was going nuts looking for--figured a coyote had got it, but I took horse and son took 4 wheeler--Grandma took a pickup and the grandkids and went way up the creek, which I told her was stupid, because it hadn't gone that far ...I had to eat those words- she ran the ridges and found the calf a couple of miles up the creek (thru 3 fences and an irrigation canal)- she couldn't catch it, so left the grandkids to trail it while she went to get us...Grandkids were trailing it from the ridge when we got there, calf was roped and threw in back of pickup and had a happy reunion with mom- cow wanting to just lick and the calf just wanting to suck- they went around and around like that for 5 minutes...

Apparently after I tagged it yesterday morning it took off on its own- cow kept going back to that place--probably would have been coyote bait if we hadn't of found it...Grandkids think they are pretty big stuff since they helped find and save the calf and I'm being extra nice to grandma for ever questioning her.......

I hate thinking of going out in this to check cows later- much more rain and I won't be getting around with pickup-- be 4 wheeler or horse- if I can stay on either one in this wind.... Think I'll watch the NILE PBR first- a couple of the daughters are there so I'll have to see if I can see them...

Oldtimer
I would like to have just a little bit of that rain!! Nothing up here at all. I just washed my truck, 2 tractors and my pickup trying to get it to rain. Not even a drop so far.
Take care
The Buck

WOW!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Got up this morning, 1 1/4" rain in the rain gauge, I have to walk right past the rain gauge to do some daily chores. Blowing hard, raining/snowing. Took daughter and a friend of hers to an event in Billings, slid down the mud roads, came home and we now have 2" of moisture!!! Halleluja!!! This will fill our dry ponds, and help out so much. We had to kick the cows out as we are quickly running out of hay...some pastures the ponds have dried up and no other source of water available. This will get us by for awhile!! I am SSSOOOOOOOOO grateful!!!!!! :D 8) :D

Hanta Yo, glad you got some really GREAT rain! I think we'd go into shock if we saw 2" in the gauge.

I was thinking about dumping some water in the rain gauge just to try to get it primed. :wink:

Buckskin said:
Oldtimer
I would like to have just a little bit of that rain!! Nothing up here at all. I just washed my truck, 2 tractors and my pickup trying to get it to rain. Not even a drop so far.
Take care
The Buck

Buckskin- The weather boys still say it is moving your way- Rains let up here for a little while- Wind is still howling- temp is down to 33- power has blinked off twice-- I have 4/10's-- called up north to see what there was toward Opheim- they've had over 1/2 inch... Neighbor up that way was feeling pretty happy since he had got 130 acres of peas seeded yesterday before this started......

Cal,

Thanks. How bad is it your way?? I don't think we can really compare notes on this drought because our notes will be exactly the same. :cry: I just hope all of Montana will get some of this wonderful stuff we've been getting. This storm went up north into Canada, hope you guys got some of this wet stuff. I just hope everyone on this board gets something!! Just like a woman, (eh?)

Hanta YO; The rain started tonite about 7:30 after a day of terrible wind. Supposed to be near an inch by tomorrow but will be changing to snow . I kind of have mixed feelings..... appreciate the moisture but hate checking and feeding in the crud. Hope it doesn't drag on too long and we get some sunshine to warm up the new calves! Take care

Just partly cloudy and breezey in the Big Muddy no rain and the clouds broke up tonight. Son had bad roads around Maple Creek this afternoon coming home from Alberta.

cowsense said:
Hanta YO; The rain started tonite about 7:30 after a day of terrible wind. Supposed to be near an inch by tomorrow but will be changing to snow . I kind of have mixed feelings..... appreciate the moisture but hate checking and feeding in the crud. Hope it doesn't drag on too long and we get some sunshine to warm up the new calves! Take care

I know what you're going through...been there done that. That's why we changed to fall calving. I pray all your calves born in this stuff will be warm (with your help) and mother up. I know this weather is extra work and a pain in the @@@@, but I'm afraid if I complain, the rain will shut off!! Hope the rest of your calving season goes well.

Just climbed off of tractor just light rain and wind to mess up the windows.Suppose to get 3 to 4 inches of snow tomorrow along with 40 mile n hour winds. Last week they PRETICTED 100% chance of rain and didnt get a drop.With odds like that glad I wasnt in Vegas.

Amazing how those weather people all keep their jobs isn't it? If any other business was wrong as much as those folks, they'd have gone broke long ago.

My husband absolutely won't pay one bit of attention to the weather forcasts, predicts his own weather and his are right more than theirs are.
He says he can keep his mouth shut and be right more than they are. LOL!!

Wow! We got .30 rain sometime early this morning. Now it looks like we could get more, I believe a chance of snow is predicted for tomorrow. Hope we can shut off the wind now for a few days.

It's very windy here. Tried to rain last night with very little success but it's having better luck this morning, with a little snow thrown in for good measure. I know you all don't want to hear this....but we don't want it!!!

weather man is saying that storm is supposed to hit the Texas hill country this evening ,heavy rain high winds and a possibility of large hail.I can use a good rain I dont need the wind or hail.I got caught up on planting so a little H2o would fit pretty good,I hope Rancher got a good soaking.......................good luck

Hope the night treated you a little better Baling Wire, was raining here by 11:30. Probably 3 or 4 tenths by now, I don't put the rain guage up any more, lost the last three to dry rot. We sure earned a little rain with the wind lately. I was buildin fence this last week, to replace tumbleweed damage, and the one stretch I have done is full on both sides with the d@mm things already! A match is really tempting. We'll talk to ya sometime.

I think our moisture is about over here--Real spotty- got .6 south of town- .9 and an inch of snow up north-- Hearing reports of anywhere from a little rain to 2 inches in different areas around here-- even herd the Big Sheep mountains down by Glendive got over 2 feet of snow and have power outages from downed power lines-- not sure if I'd want that....

FH- you get any of that snow?

2 FEET OF SNOW over by Glendive? Oh, my goodness! I feel sorry for the little livestock there. Nope, don't need that!!!!

They called for 2 inches of snow to be on the ground here this morning, but we didn't get it. No snow. Still messing around trying to rain some, but sure knows how to blow.

It is 38 degrees here at present and windy.

2inches.jpg

Maybe this will get things going in the right direction for everybody, I just had to take a picture, this is as rare as anything. Hope everybody ends up with something our of this. Talk about a million dollar rain. :lol:

Guess were in for a good rain in the next couple of days. Calling for heavy rain for Monday and Tuesday up to 2 inches.

Latest posts