• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Storm is Here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I am real glad to hear that my some of my neighbors to the west in MT got a nice rain. Lord knows they need it too. We have had very hard winds here for a couple days, and no moisture to speak of out of this last storm. We had an average of .25 hundredths earlier in the week, but it is long gone with this wind. The rains are gradually getting closer to us, so soon it will be our turn. Maybe. :)

If we had some moisture to work with, we would have good grass already, as warm as it has been. I think we are about a month ahead of schedule around here. Not that snow storm season is over by any means.

maybe i should not say this, but.....sunny, mild breeze and fairly warm here in the madison valley today....sure beats the snow, sleet and wind we had barely 48 hours ago!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

BMR,
your turn is coming, I had just about given up, PATIENCE, it is hard to endure, like I told my dad a few minutes ago, this will al least grow the grass enough for some good fires in July. Beat me with a whip, where is the optomist in this all? :???: :???: At least the cows will still be here!! :D

Don't look like we'll git any outta this system that's comin' thru this time..thank goodness....all our tanks are lippin full and it's just dryin out enuff to git around in the pasture without it bein soupy. Grass is growin nice.....almost time to cut hay.

sw: what a sight for dusty eyes!
t r Jake: yer right on, if it's rainin, they probably need it!
We gotta have over 1/2 an inch by tonight, with the wet snow, and 18 hours of rain, really came soft and mild. Haven't seen any of this in April for 9 years or so. Somebody used to say there wasn't anything wrong with this country that three wet days wouldn't cure. I'd almost forgot I'd heard that. We sure hope everybody else that needs some moisture,gets some: Man that smells good outside!! That is the third time this century already!

Faster horses said:
I'm kinda worried about rancher. We haven't heard from him for awhile. Hopefully he is outside doing the dance of joy because of the moisture. I hope he is okay, not drowning his sorrows in the Bison or something.

Rancher, where are you?

I was outside in the mud while it lasted. I got .6ths or rain and no puddles. Looks like the end of the week we have another shot. I haven't been to Miles City in ages, so might have to see if the Bison is still there. Sure glad the wind is gone. If I get more this week-end the drinks or on me.

There you are! Whew, I was getting worried, already.

Actually, I just knew you were outside doing the dance of joy!

Drinks are on you? WHOOPEEE!!! And if it rains again we'll be able to meet you because we can't do anything else~and what better reason for a celebration!!!!!!

Bev in west dakota and there is no rain ehre but jsut at 3 oclock there was a mention of 5inches of snow from Faith SD to Dupree and cars in teh ditch as was a blizzard and highway 212 was a mess with slush.
We need the moiture but we will take a warm rain now since it had waited this long with all teh babies we have on the ground and about 1120 to go yet.
We are going to need the rain by teh 10th of May to turn out and quit feeding as sure don't want to buy anymore exspensive hay and bet it would be bad with these deisel prices now.
Oh ya someone shut the d-------wind off also ok as we have had it for 5 days now as was from SE when it was warm and now the last 3 days from teh NW and it has only been in teh 40's so chilly. Even have the furnance going in th house.
Ok everyone take care and congrats on all of those getting moisture. The mountains in Col shold be good for awhile with what hit in Denver. :D

Ended up with 7 tenths in the gauge here. Rain mixed with wet snow. Really glad to get it.

drying up a little here and trying to get warm enough for the hubby and the hand to start their plowing!!! only a month behind :roll: oh well, just can't bring myself to complain about any and all moisture we get around here...lakes and revervoirs are still way below normal :wink:

Our rain guage contained 1.4 inches of moisture. At noon today, there was about four inches of wet snow on the ground and at sundown half of it is left. The Cody school let out at 9:30 this morning, but they should have stayed in session. By normal dismissal time the weather wasn't too bad. Oh well, our boy enjoyed coming home and we put him to work.

You lucky buggers. I wanted to use another word, but thought better of it. :cry:

Things are tough when even rancher is ahead of a guy in the rain dept. :!:

Just another day of outrageous wind here and good moisture to the east like BevM said. We must be in the West River Triangle, as the clouds can't find us.

hey Soapweed we only received .5 of rain and 2 inchs of wet snow here wish we could have received more but this will get things going, the post holes I have been digging have moisture all the way down at least not dry powder to try and pull out. Calves are doing great and enjoying the weather

Glad that this was a fairly general rain. jake, hope you and Bev M get some more rain before the clouds fall apart again. James, I heard that a truck from Valentine Feed Service lost a steel lid off of one of their outfits. They were offering a reward, as reported by KVSH.

P.S. Don't forget to put out the hi-mag mineral. The grass should shoot up pretty fast with a few warm days. We had our last batch of cake include a high level of magnesium to help prevent grass tetany.

Latest posts