• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Storm

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Larrry

Reaction score
Looks like New Mexico, Tex and Ok panhandles along with Kansas are going to get nailed. Foot to foot and a half of snow with wind is pretty.

I already have a couple bales ready to toss. Snacks and yea and cocoa ready. Have a couple magazines and new books. Send prayers to the ranchers around here .

Faster horses said:
Pretty? Did you mean that? I think a storm on those thin droughted out cows won't be pretty...in fact, I'm feeling pretty bad about it.

Left off the last word NASTY

It looks like they are moderating some of their earlier predictions a little- and saying more of it may be rain then snow now...

The bitter cold weather from Canada they were predicting to hit us and move south to cause the snow is now moderated some too- and the weeks temps up here are supposed to be in the 20's/30's....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/christmas-wek-storm-coming-int/59201

Today we had a Chinook-- 45-55 degree temps and 25 mph NW winds that cut away most the snow! :) I'd have paid a fortune for a Chinook last winter...

The longrange forecast thru Jan 1 up here is for temps in the 20's/30's even close to 40 somedays- with little chance of snow.. :D What a change from last winter!!

The report has always been rain then snow. I didn't know you were in
the panhandle areas of tx or ok........A reports are still calling for
12-16 inches of snow. Winds will be 25-30. Look at weather.com

2xradarc2_anim.gif

Hey, Larry, will that rain on the desert be a good thing?
I sure hope so. Have the tv on this morning, but nothing so far
about the storm. How far did it go and was there snow with it?
Called our friends in Oklahoma and haven't heard anything back
from them either.

WOW I have a 4 foot drift outside my backdoor and its still snowing . If it keeps up like they are saying it will be almost 6 foot. I will live with the coming mud for grass in the pasture.

It has been pretty much a nasty day here in NE New Mexico, high winds and snow made for white out conditions all day and its still howling now. Weather guys say the winds are supposed to start easing off around 5am. When we had to brace up a power pole that the ice, snow and wind snapped about dark we had 3 to 4 foot drifts that will probably be double that by morning if the wind quit. Should make digging out lots of fun in the morning.
IMG_00031.JPG

IMG_00023.JPG

Just think of all that nice moisture. :wink: :D

We were almost shirt sleeves here today, and enjoying it. :D

Stay safe you guys, your not used to that kind of weather, And your getting older as well. :D

BMR, I'm sure glad you asked if we were all safe and not "sane". The storm started here about 3 AM Monday with rain, had 1.4" in the gauge before it started snowing about 2 PM on Monday, added .6 after the change to snow. Im not sure how accurate that is, since it came in laterally about 40 mph. All I've got here is horses now, got them all fed and out of the wind. Tuesday morning all was nice and still and starting to melt. All of the highways in all directions from me were closed. I am 90 miles west of Amarillo TX. I havent heard of any bad mishaps locally. Tuesday had the vet out to pull coggins and float some teeth on a couple of sold horses so they can be "relocated" on Friday. Ya'll take care up there this winter, Ill be headed up late Jan after the Denver stock show to see how things look along the 49th.

Glad to here you weathered the storm. :D

I saw some on the TV of course they have to show cars and trucks that didn't use common sense and stay off the roads. :?

maybe we'll see you yet this winter. :D

Latest posts