• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

stormtracker--up to 20" snow, 4" rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We've had showers passing thru yesterday and today.. Not much moisture here yet- maybe a tenth- but some areas are well over an inch...
Predicting we could get 1.5" thru tomorrow- but storms are splitting and dryslotting us ...
We could use a good soaker rain as these little daily ones aren't getting the job done... Getting terribly dry..
Now I see the counties south of us and east of us into North and South Dakota and down into Wyoming are under a tornado watch !!

I talked to "H" about noon. He was getting rain and snow then.

Beautiful rain last night- and continuing this morning... I was start to think I did something to P.O. old Ma Nature the way the storms were splitting and everyone else was getting wet- but not me ... Haven't looked at gauge yet- but sure we are over an inch with the water standing in the yard...

Some areas up around the Canadian line and in the Grasslands National Park already had 4 inches by yesterday... Some folks had bad enough hail and heavy rain to damage some crops... Around the Fort Peck lake area I heard of some bad hail....

We've had near 12"s in the last 2 1/2 weeks and more coming weeds in the corn are taller than the corn and water standing everywhere.

Just checked gauge-- 1.75" :D No wonder the yard has so much water standing in it... Looks like this batch of rain is about done for now- but weather bureau says we could pick up up to another inch by tomorrow night- before this front moves east and out of our area...

Dry here for too long. Wasn't much moisture in our snow runoff. Been hunting irrigation water for 2 weeks.

East of here 50 miles and on there has been lots of rain.

1.6" here last night. just over 6" this month. heard of one tornado that touched down just west of camp crook, sounded like some property damage but no one was injured.

getting the hay put up might be a battle this year, but there are worse problems to have. :wink:

and it's the Hairy Noses in the lead, Babylonians running a strong second and the "belles of"..... runnin' 3rd.....I've had an awful lotta fun with these people!

http://www.krtv.com/news/glacier-county-rainfall-totals/

Lots of rain around this area yesterday. Depending on who you talk to, anywhere from 3 to 5 inches. Roads are covered, and all creeks and rivers are flooded. Looks like the storm kept marching on east as their were tornadoes and lots of rain on the east side of the river as well. By the map it looks to be in MN now.

BRG said:
Lots of rain around this area yesterday. Depending on who you talk to, anywhere from 3 to 5 inches. Roads are covered, and all creeks and rivers are flooded. Looks like the storm kept marching on east as their were tornadoes and lots of rain on the east side of the river as well. By the map it looks to be in MN now.

Went to Mobridge today From Fergus Falls Mn all the way there it looked like alot of moisture fell. East of Mobridge there were hay windrows completly under water.

My FIL said he is beginning to dread Father's day as we seem to get Monsoon like big rains around that time every year.
So far so good this week as we have only had 3/4 inch but an hour away they have 3 inches and didn't need any.

Latest posts