• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Strange and probably a scam

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Do you remember JD Balerman who was a member of ranchers? He lives in Canada and the USA each for 6 months. He hasn't posted here for some time. He and his wife stopped to see us several years ago and we heard from him occasionally, but have not heard for a few years. I get an email from him asking me to do him a favor. So I asked what could I do for him. Here is the response I received. "
Thanks for responding, I am sorry for bothering you with this mail. I need to get a Google play gift card for my niece, it's her birthday today, but I can't do that due to the pain I am having on my knees now, even though I find it hard to walk properly. I am going up and down one step at a time. Honestly this method is neither graceful! or fast!, and i tried purchasing online but got no luck with that. Can you get it from any store around you? I'll pay back. Kindly let me know if you can handle this?

Await your soonest response
Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
I replied that I didn't know how, plus it would take a long time to get to Canada from US by mail. I then said "what is your wife's name and what is the breed of dog you had when you visited us?"

I do not think it was JD Balerman, what I am wondering is if I should change my password to my email account or what should I do???

Any suggestions will be appreciated.. Thanks,

Sure sounds like a scam to me. Somebody with more computer savvy than I might know whether or not you should change your passwords but I don't think your email account has necessarily been hacked. I wonder if his account is the one that has been hacked.

Sure sounds like a scam to me. Somebody with more computer savvy than I might know whether or not you should change your passwords but I don't think your email account has necessarily been hacked. I wonder if his account is the one that has been hacked.
I wondered that too. I did change my password, just in case.
I'd like to let him know, but not sure how.

Please change your password. The bad guys had gotten into my phone and changed a bunch of stuff. I imediately took my phone and computer in to the fix it shop in town.
My computer was ok as I had not turned it on.
One of my friends replied to them. They asked him to go get a gift card for $300 and take a picture of both the front and back and send it to them via my e mail which they had changed by one small letter. Thank goodness his wife caught on to what was happening as he was on his way out the door.
Please change your password.
Stay safe my friends and try to avoid the bad guys.

Please change your password. The bad guys had gotten into my phone and changed a bunch of stuff. I imediately took my phone and computer in to the fix it shop in town.
My computer was ok as I had not turned it on.
One of my friends replied to them. They asked him to go get a gift card for $300 and take a picture of both the front and back and send it to them via my e mail which they had changed by one small letter. Thank goodness his wife caught on to what was happening as he was on his way out the door.
Please change your password.
Stay safe my friends and try to avoid the bad guys.
I changed mine. They asked if I would do a favor. I replied, "what is it you want me to do?" In case it really was you. Then when they made the request I started asking questions like "what is your wife's name" etc. They never replied. Thanks for coming on here and telling us it was a scam. Sorry you had to deal with scammers. It's so discouraging.

Latest posts