• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Strong Market

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
Shipped a few butcher cattle today and came home with a decent cheque for the first time in two years. A few cents shy of $1.00 for 1250 wt. black strs. They stayed within the border.

Top, fancy steers sold up to $1.15

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Shipped a few butcher cattle today and came home with a decent cheque for the first time in two years. A few cents shy of $1.00 for 1250 wt. black strs. They stayed within the border.

Top, fancy steers sold up to $1.15

I guess the Top, fancy ones are anything other than black? :wink:

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Wasn't there to see them sell, Mike. Coulda been Black. Or Red. Doubt if they were pale, though.

You smartass.

I was wondering when you were gonna catch it! :wink:

Les said:
If they were fancy they had to be simmental :p

Speaking of Sim's. Used to be a lot of red sim's with white faces around here. I liked 'em but I never see them any more. Has the world gone black crazy? They were meatier looking to me than the blacks around here now. Many up there?

It's so none of my business, Mike, but I would be so happy if the Charolais stayed white even though there are so many around here going Red Factor nuts and I'm certain that the dawn of pure black Charolais everywhere is in my lifetime.
Please keep them white! The rest of the world can live in the dark!
Just my two cents.
BTW Mike, that WAS pretty funny ... AND Smartass!!! Have a good night!

I echo those sentiments. Keep your Charolais white. I like the varied colours. Anytime I see any of the 'coloured' purebreds, I purposely either call them really good looking angus or red angus....ticks the solid coloured Simmental guys right off, while the traditional coloured Simm guys are standing beside me laughing. I don't know if there is a bigger rift in the purebred world then that between the sectors of the Simmental industry....although Charolais and the 'red factor' seems to be a hot topic at times too.

I don't think our Assoc. will let them be anything other than white. :???: Sometimes a calf will be born with a light red spot, but it goes away in a few weeks. "Light Cream" is the darkest color on the application.

Funny how the Charolais Assoc in Canada's saying is "White Makes You Money", but they recognize red and black chars.

Mike said:

Just got my computer back or you would have heard from me sooner. Of course, I'm such a laid back type that you were prolly surprised that I would respond to your drivel at all. :wink:

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Mike said:

Just got my computer back or you would have heard from me sooner. Of course, I'm such a laid back type that you were prolly surprised that I would respond to your drivel at all. :wink:

I just saw the post about your computer. Sorry to hear the problems. Did the lightening "smoke" anything else?

Laid back? I have never known you NOT to speak your mind!
:wink:

It is rather frustrating, with every breed going black. If you want Angus, there are lots of Angus breeders out there. If you want Simmental, or Charolais or whatever, don't try to pretend that they are Angus. Just my two cents worth.

Mike said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Mike said:

I just saw the post about your computer. Sorry to hear the problems. Did the lightening "smoke" anything else?

Laid back? I have never known you NOT to speak your mind!
:wink:

It got some small stuff, like the DVD player, some phone equipment and messed up the fax machine. That's all we found so far. Not enough to put in a claim to insurance with our deductable where it is.

I was first guy in to the computer shop on Monday Morning and a good thing too. He had a total of 30 come in over the next couple of days as people discovered that they had been hit.

We were away for most of the day on Saturday while the thunderstorm was going, but the neighbours said that it thundered and lightninged and rained a steady solid rain all day long. For as dry as it was, I'll gladly take a bit of lightning damage with the rain!

Latest posts