• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sun,Sun Mr. Golden Sun

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
P1010573-1.jpg

When it's -40 and he pokes his head up that kid's song runs through your head. The old girls are trailing into drink-cattle take this weather pretty easy if the sun shines-makes winter not so bad.

Could you send some sun our way NR? We're on our fourth day of being fogged in, with hoar frost on everything, and no sun to make it pretty. Snowing now. but only -13.5 (7 degrees F). You can keep the -40, because we've been there, done that so don't want a repeat.

Yeah it can get real windy-that when you get those windchills that are real bad-this whole country was carved out of the bush. Some of the oldtimers went a bit too far-the plow jockeys are hard on bluffs too. It's nice and calm out there right now-cattle handle sunny -40 than a cloudy foggy -20. This is perfect wood splitting weather-there's pluses to everything lol. Back in my foolish winter calving youth we had a few cows ca;lve outside in this cold-old 17J was a bearcat but she saved her calf-it never did get to see the inside of a barn and it was -42 when it was born. I still like 75 above alot better though.

We're having that same weather DLJ...It sure looks cold Northern..but still a great picture..at least you've got some sunshine!

Hi all, its been wickedly cold here on the Canadian Prairies. An "Arctic Blanket" as they call it. In all my 38 years I DO NOT remember it being this cold. I took my golden retriever to the vet last Friday morning, 9:00 sharp - there was a perfect "sundog" around the sun as it was just off the horizon. Like a huge rainbow around it, just part of the bottom was missing. I always thought a sundog was just a chunk of rainbow in the sky - wish I would of took a picture. One thing for sure - when its blue and sunny - its freakin cold outside!!!!! :?

I posted some pics in the gallery of our farm in the warmer months..... I am sure looking forward to seeing that again!!!!!! Its like going from a deep freeze for 5 months to nothing but sunshine and the smell of sweet grasses growing! :wink:

Well once it gets below 0 who cares? lol At least you had some sun coming up this morning Northern, sure makes for a cool crisp picture. I can feel the freeze from here...course that maybe cause it's damn cold here too!!

Latest posts