• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sunday dinner and Monday cattle sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
After church yesterday, my dad fixed a scrumptious dinner for two of his cousins, his cousin's husband, and Mrs. Soapweed and me. He did a remarkably good job, including grilling some nice steaks.

BobMheadcookandchiefsteakgriller.jpg

Bob M, host, head cook and chief steak griller
Dadscousinandherhusband.jpg

Dad's cousin and her husband
AnotherofDadscousins.jpg

Another of Dad's cousins
TheSoapweedsafteragooddinner.jpg

The Soapweeds after a good dinner

Today I took in the Martin sale. A neighboring family had four nice loads of spayed heifers. Two loads weighed 892 and brought $109.00 per cwt. One load weighed about 950 and brought $103.00, and the light load weighed about 830 @ $111.00. It was a good sale, and they were very pleased with the outcome.

ScenefromtheMartinsalebarn.jpg

Scene from the Martin sale barn
Readyforthecattletocomein.jpg

Ready for the cattle to come in
38headweighing834.jpg

38 head weighing 834
KellyBoomer.jpg

Kelly Boomer, recently back from a tour of duty in Iraq, sitting between his parents. We very much appreciate his dedication and commitment in fighting the war to keep our country free. Thank you, Kelly.

you mean BobM can both write AND cook? Now there's a man!

(I see he's wearing his Bermuda Shorts again for that first picture. Knew he'd like them once he got used to 'em :D )

Soapweed nice pictures as usual especially like your fathers decorations the hereford bumper sticker and the hereford picture. I am not a hereford man just feel they are under appreciated any more. I do love a shorthorn hereford cross calf they do so well. looks like a good time thou everybody is smiling.

ya know after werkin cows friday and haulin em to the sale, I thought about continuing with the pictures all the way through the unloadin process. But for some reason way back in the back of my mind I seem to remember "No Camera's Allowed"??? That's why I didn't take any. I dont see why not thought since they are my cattle and all.......maybe next time

shorthorn said:
Soapweed nice pictures as usual especially like your fathers decorations the hereford bumper sticker and the hereford picture. I am not a hereford man just feel they are under appreciated any more. I do love a shorthorn hereford cross calf they do so well. looks like a good time thou everybody is smiling.

The Hereford decals were from many years ago. One purpose was to keep people from walking into the glass doors, and possibly getting hurt. :? :???: :wink:

Hahaha sounded like I was asking bob if his dad was soapweed.......sorry I always fail to put in puncuations where they should go.

Lemme rephrase that question.

Soapweed, is your dad Bob M?

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Bob M is your dad soapweed?

So do you mean, "Bob M, is your dad Soapweed?" or do you mean, "Bob M is your dad, Soapweed?" :???: :? Just had to give you a bit of a hard time, jersey lilly. :wink: :)

Yes, Bob M is my dad, much to his chagrin. :) He's a good guy, and I'm proud to claim him.

Amazin what a lil comma will do fer a sentence, aint it? Hehehe
Well cool, I didn't know that, guess for those of us that missed deadwood missed out on that lil tid bit of information. Loved the pics by the way, looks like a good, sit down sunday dinner, that might call fer a nap afterward. :lol:

Latest posts