• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sunday pictures, June 8, 2008

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Puttingoutsaltandmineralinthemornin.jpg

Putting out salt and mineral in the morning
Greengrassinyonderhills.jpg

Green grass in yonder hills
LymanWhitetellingsomegoodjokes.jpg

Lyman White telling good stories at the Tri-State Old-Time Cowboys picnic
FranklinJacksonalong-timefriend.jpg

Franklin Jackson, an old-time cowboy and long-time friend. He wrote two books, "Echos of the Sandhills" and "Tangled Tales and Trails From the Sandhills." They contain a lot of interesting history of our area.
Youngerversionsoflong-timefriends.jpg

Younger versions of long-time friends
JerryKennedyagreatsingerofold-times.jpg

Jerry Kennedy sang some old favorite cowboy songs.
Itwasanicedayforthepicnic.jpg

It was a nice day for the picnic.
Apoliticallycorrectcartforkids.jpg

A politically correct cart for kids at the grocery store. Two kids can ride in it; they both think they are in control; and one steers to the left while the other steers to the right. Meanwhile, the world (Mom) pushes them along in the way she wants to go while the little "voters" only think they have any say in the matter. :wink:

Your calves are looking fantastic, so is your grass! I especially liked your clever shopping cart caption... it's the truth!

Thanks for the pics Soapweed, good to see that someone did make it to the picnic. :oops: :) We couldn't on account of a wedding fer a niece the night before. But was perfect weather for both, and good to see that you got a good pic of the Tri-state cowgirls president there. :wink: :roll: Hope she appreicates that. :D :wink:

God is the tops around here :!: :!: :wink:

Wish we could have been at that picnic Soapweed. When I was a kid my closest friends were in their 40's to 70's. I have learned a whole lot just sitting and listening to those old-timers talk. Most folks don't realize how much knowledge they miss out on by passing them by.
Your calves sure look good. :mrgreen:

gcreekrch said:
Wish we could have been at that picnic Soapweed. When I was a kid my closest friends were in their 40's to 70's. I have learned a whole lot just sitting and listening to those old-timers talk. Most folks don't realize how much knowledge they miss out on by passing them by.
Your calves sure look good. :mrgreen:

I have always enjoyed hearing the stories of the old-timers. They lived hard lives, but their perserverence paid off. They surely were not pampered, but most of them came through with flying colors. They all had personality and character, developed from the school of hard knocks. My hat is off to them.

For living in the area the years I had it wasn't until this year that I knew Jerry Kennedy could sing. We always have a day of entertainment here at the place and this year he was it. He was talented and great with people! One of the best we've had.

Latest posts