• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Support for R-CALF is exploding

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Brad S said:
THose calf rollover auctions interest me. !) is a rcalf donation beyond dues a tax deductible contribution? I assume you buy the rcalf calf, give him back to be resold, and call him an inventory loss?

I never thought of that- If so I could buy a few more times...I'll have to run that by my CPA- but I can already see her head shaking no...Seems like the only word she knows when I come in with an idea to save a few bucks :lol: :lol:

feeder said:
Excuse me MRJ, but it was no"deal" given for the marketing service by paying ICA dues. I paid dearly for the service!!!! Your talk about policy is a load of cr**. After the NCBA convention, NCBA talked the talk and walked the walk of cattlemen. Later they changed their tune. the ICA never asked me for a vote, so how the heck could they determine as a state org. what side of the fence they were going to be on. And as for the $50.00 membership to R-CALF with donations, that might be used for me for my membership in the future, I don't know;I guess I won't have to worry for the rest of my liftime to ever pay again, my donations will have covered it. You can post your 11 points and what has been met, but what a pitiful spin you have to do to achieve it. You can always downgrade people with your so called knowledge,but believe me, I'd rather have my simple common sense.

Sorry if I misunderstood. I thought from what you wrote that joining ICA was a condition of getting that service at the price you got it for.

You are wrong, IMO, on your claim that NCBA did not follow wishes of the MAJORITY of the members re. Canadian border opening. You can call explaination of details of the 11 points "spin" till the cows come home, and it won't change the facts to be what you want.

Why do you call it "downgrade people" and make fun of "knowledge" but I will continue to point out the difference between what some critics of NCBA write, and the facts of the matter, when I know the critic was not accurate.

Common sense certainly isn't very common, and IMO you show a lot more biased rhetoric than common sense here.
MRJ

rancher said:
4. Can you seriously think that the two scenarios of acquiring membership you describe are comparable?
No they are not comparable, the other orgs make you become a member of NCBA if you join theirs.

R-calf the people gave freely to R-calf, therefore they donated to a cause the believed in.

I seriously doubt any membership organization worthy of paying dues into can be expected never to set a policy that pleases every member all the time. Isn't it expecting a little too much for all other members to see evey issue exactly as you do?

{Then why bitch at the members of R-calf? We don't agree on all of the policy either. }
MRJ

If that is true, why have most (all?) of the issues voted on by those mail in ballots at/after national R-Calf conventions been unanimous?

MRJ

frenchie said:
Soapweed said:
Did anyone hear the Ft. Pierre Livestock Auction report on KBHB this morning? Poor ol' Dennis Hanson was really crying in his beer about the border opening, and he was practically sobbing before his report was over. It tickled me that even Bob Looby, the disc jockey, got sick of listening to it and cut him off short. :wink: :)

That was pretty humorous, wasn't it? You should have heard it on KGFX, Pierre. He seems to do more frothing at the mouth on that station. Actually claimed he believed this TX cow was from Canada and implied USDA needed that six months to "plant" the evidence on a US cow herd!

MRJ

:lol:

MRJ said:
rancher said:
4. Can you seriously think that the two scenarios of acquiring membership you describe are comparable?
No they are not comparable, the other orgs make you become a member of NCBA if you join theirs.

R-calf the people gave freely to R-calf, therefore they donated to a cause the believed in.

I seriously doubt any membership organization worthy of paying dues into can be expected never to set a policy that pleases every member all the time. Isn't it expecting a little too much for all other members to see evey issue exactly as you do?

{Then why bitch at the members of R-calf? We don't agree on all of the policy either. }
MRJ

If that is true, why have most (all?) of the issues voted on by those mail in ballots at/after national R-Calf conventions been unanimous?

MRJ

MRJ- You been smoking South Dakota loco weed again-- I have never saw a unanimous R-CALF vote....

PROVE IT--Show me the figures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Son of a gun! I heard that report too, and at the time I wasn't sure if he ran out of time with his rantings, or Bob just got sick of him. Whatever it was, he sure was running off like Derry Brownfield with conspiracy theories. Kinda like last winter when he blamed e-coli on NAFTA.

Hooray Bob.

No wait a minute, I kinda like him and "By Golly Johnny", on the radio for my listening enjoyment. If they didn't have such a cheerleading club it wouln't be so bad. :roll:

mj...If that is true, why have most (all?) of the issues voted on by those mail in ballots at/after national R-Calf conventions been unanimous?

How would you know mj? Like Oldtimer says, I have never seen a unanimous vote on their issues either. You made the statement, now back it up. Or is your memory playing tricks on you again?

Latest posts