• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Support our Troops or Support Taiwan?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TXTibbs

Reaction score
South Central Texas, former South Dakotan
I was talking to my mother on the phone and it reminded me of something I noticed the other day. You know those little ribbon decals that MOST people have on the backs, sides, or someplace on their vehicles??? They may say "Support Our Troops", "God Bless America", or just say "USA" with the decoratice American Flag as a backing. Well anyway...did any of you also know that most if not all of them damn things are made in Taiwan or China or some other foreign country. I bought one the other day and as I was opening it, it said "Made in Taiwan"!!! I nearly wanted to throw it down and stop it, but never-the-less, it is now stuck to the back of my pick-up. I guess its what it says that matters, but the thought that I bought something that is supporting our American Troops verbally, but is really supporting Taiwan financially that pisses me off! But then like my mother said....most of the American Flags you buy now days also are made in some foreign country as well! Disgracefull!!! I'm not against the little ribbon decals, cause most people who buy them buy them with good thoughts and the intent of truely supporting our country, but just a little fact I thought I'd share about them. The End.

TXTibbs- I can see why it would upset you --p****s me off too... I have flown a 3 X 5 US flag from a flagpole in my yard for years-- Have it lit at nite with spotlights-- and it will continue to fly until someone plants me.......

I replace the flag every New Years Day and 4th of July, unless it gets too ratty beforehand-- I purchase my flags from the VFW- and they are labeled "Made in U.S.A." :)

Yeah, I have a yellow one, "support Our Troops". It probably was made in Taiwan or China, but I didn't think of that, it was just a buck. Anyways, I've been thinking about it and I think the fact that a magnet has been put on those instead of the sticky, never come off stuff is there, a lot of people want it. Well, I got a bumper sticker, made in the USA, and it was a sticky one, so I got a piece of flat magnet and stuck it to that. Now it rides on the bumper. Try it!!!

HEY I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS ALLOWED OR NOT I HOPE IT IS. BUT YOU CAN GET MAGNETS FROM WWW.MAGNETAMERICA.COM THAT ACTUALLY DO SUPPORT THE TROOPS AND THEY ARE ALL MADE IN THE USA. I BOUGHT TWO FROM THERE AND I LOVE THEM, THEY DONT FADE AND I HAVE HAD ONE ON MY TRUCK FOR AT LEAST A YEAR NOW. I LIKE THEM THEY REMIND ME TO ALWAYS KEEP THOSE MEN AND WOMEN IN MY PRAYERS AND REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR ME AND THAT DESERVES ANYTHING THAT I CAN GET FOR THEM. :D

THANK A SOLDIER said:
THEY ALSO HAVE BUMPER MAGNETS I JUST GOT ONE OF THOSE, SORRY I GUESS I GET ALITTLE EXCITED ABOUT THESE THINGS. I WILL SHUT UP NOW.

Buying American and supporting the US troops is something everyone should get excited about :) :)

Latest posts