• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Support U.S. beef: A&W

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tommy

Reaction score
Support U.S. beef: A&W
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNITED STATES: A&W Restaurants calls for Americans to take a stand and support 100-percent U.S. beef.

There's a new movement in America and it's happening as Americans get ready to celebrate the country's July 4 birthday. Called "Moove to American," A&W Restaurants Inc. is campaigning for Americans to celebrate and show support for U.S. beef.

The campaign launched June 29, and it is being led by 35 cows that will travel by barge across the New York Harbor to visit the quintessential symbol of America—The Statue of Liberty. The campaign is sponsored by A&W.

"We're 'All American' and proud of it," said Tim Matis, director of marketing for A&W. "We're giving Americans a chance to celebrate, speak up, and support products of the U.S.A."

A campaign web site—www.MooveToAmerican—has been established with a special petition Americans can sign to show their support of 100-percent U.S. beef. The petition will be online for signing from June 28 through July 31. A&W will deliver the petition to the National Cattlemen's Beef Association as a show of support for U.S. beef. As part of the campaign, A&W is asking Americans to submit why they want the opportunity to create their own A&W burger at www.MooveToAmerican.org. A&W will review the submissions and select the winning entry based on creativity and passion. The winner may travel to A&W headquarters to work with the food innovation team to create their own original A&W burger for a chance to be served in A&W Restaurants; as well as a year supply of A&W's Papa Burger made with 100-percent U.S. beef.

"Products of the U.S.A. are a badge of honor," Matis said. "Especially this time of year, we encourage Americans to celebrate our country and move to 100-percent U.S. beef."

Tommy said:
Maybe if A&W does it others will follow.

Many local restaurants have told me that they would provide and advertise USA raised beef only--if more were available and it could be easier sourced...

Give me a break a major restaurant chain is only interested in making profits, if you think they care where they buy food from you are kidding yourself. They might carry a specific item if they can charge a premium for the product a customer might want. Would you be willing to pay 10.99 for a 1/4 pound US beef burger or would you rather pay 1.99 for a mixed meat burger. Oh wait ask that same question of a consumer without a bias and i think you can predict which one will be chosen and it won't be the US cert. beef one. This all comes down to a patriotic holiday and taking advantage of that feeling to take more money from the consumer. good marketing for A & W, how long will it last? remember the burger king and the slick hide beef only program? how long did that last? I would like to see what the numbers showed on this US beef program to see if it makes sense financially. Oh yeah A & W will be serving US beef is that USDA inspected beef or will it have foreign beef in it? probably.

QUESTION said:
Give me a break a major restaurant chain is only interested in making profits, if you think they care where they buy food from you are kidding yourself. They might carry a specific item if they can charge a premium for the product a customer might want. Would you be willing to pay 10.99 for a 1/4 pound US beef burger or would you rather pay 1.99 for a mixed meat burger. Oh wait ask that same question of a consumer without a bias and i think you can predict which one will be chosen and it won't be the US cert. beef one. This all comes down to a patriotic holiday and taking advantage of that feeling to take more money from the consumer. good marketing for A & W, how long will it last? remember the burger king and the slick hide beef only program? how long did that last? I would like to see what the numbers showed on this US beef program to see if it makes sense financially. Oh yeah A & W will be serving US beef is that USDA inspected beef or will it have foreign beef in it? probably.

Question-- Do you live in the city? Your part of earth must be different than mine--As the restaurants that supply good quality sourced beef do much better than those that just throw a chunk of meat out in front of you-- many places become known statewide and across several states....

The Texas Roadhouse in Billings advertises "Montana Beef" and has gotten the following...Montana Grains uses only Montana produced grain products in their breads, cakes, and pastas- and has become the fastest growing bakery/restaurant in the area....The small restaurants that promote US or Montana beef are the ones around here that get the business-- but because of the Packer opposition they have a tough time maintaining supply....

Maybe Canada doesn't have the Nationalist feelings that the US does- but especially thru my generation we were brought up with USA first-- from the Greyhound and Empire Builder ads to "See America First" to the Chevy ads "See the USA in your Chevrolet"......

The globalists are trying to take that nationalism away now in their promotions- in hopes of doing away with Canada, Mexico, and the US to get their North American Union--- along with other unions thruout the world so the corporate governments can rule-- but I still think we are seeing a major backlash to that coming....

Another major terrorist attack in the US could promote and sell more US product than anything else-- if we have a way of identifying it and labeling it for the consumer to have an informed choice (M-COOL).....

Oldtimer said:
QUESTION said:

Question-- Do you live in the city? Your part of earth must be different than mine--As the restaurants that supply good quality sourced beef do much better than those that just throw a chunk of meat out in front of you-- many places become known statewide and across several states....

The Texas Roadhouse in Billings advertises "Montana Beef" and has gotten the following...Montana Grains uses only Montana produced grain products in their breads, cakes, and pastas- and has become the fastest growing bakery/restaurant in the area....The small restaurants that promote US or Montana beef are the ones around here that get the business-- but because of the Packer opposition they have a tough time maintaining supply....

Maybe Canada doesn't have the Nationalist feelings that the US does- but especially thru my generation we were brought up with USA first-- from the Greyhound and Empire Builder ads to "See America First" to the Chevy ads "See the USA in your Chevrolet"......

The globalists are trying to take that nationalism away now in their promotions- in hopes of doing away with Canada, Mexico, and the US to get their North American Union--- along with other unions thruout the world so the corporate governments can rule-- but I still think we are seeing a major backlash to that coming....

Another major terrorist attack in the US could promote and sell more US product than anything else-- if we have a way of identifying it and labeling it for the consumer to have an informed choice (M-COOL).....

WHAT???????????

That sure reads like pathetic wishfull thinking OVI and I can't believe anyone would stoop so low as to write something like that!

Happy 4th of July and blessed be the memory of those from all countries and nationalities who perished in 9-11!

Believe what you want Bill-- but in the days/months following 9-11, the things flying off the counters was those that were in red, white, and blue and/or said US on them....Even organized boycotts of products from some countries.... (France and Germany come to mind first...)

And it appears to me that Nationalism- and keep our noses out of the rest of the world attitude is still growing-- along with the awakening of the consumers to the dangers/problems of many countries imports...

From mothers buying baby food or toothpaste for their kids to the old codger looking to buy dogfood for Ol Rover--they are looking for and asking for US made products (and questioning products more than ever before)- and are willing to pay more to get the added security of domestic product......

And you have your head in the sand if you don't think there will be another terrorist attack (radical Muslims, Chinese, Palistinians, whatever) as big as or bigger than 9-11 in the not too distant future...

QUESTION said:
Would you be willing to pay 10.99 for a 1/4 pound US beef burger or would you rather pay 1.99 for a mixed meat burger. Oh wait ask that same question of a consumer without a bias and i think you can predict which one will be chosen and it won't be the US cert. beef one. This all comes down to a patriotic holiday and taking advantage of that feeling to take more money from the consumer.

Welp, I can only speak to what I see....Two things come to mind...

Seeing first hand all day long people paying $4.00/pound more for Rib Seaks from an Oregon Company called "Painted Hills Beef" sitting right next to th store brand ones on sale...

Just my own Beef I market, It is exploding in sales, repeat business and referals...

I do agree there has to be something beyond a flag on the package to maintain this, but I am speaking to the inference that the onl thing people will respond to long term is price. Not true. I have seen people do want to feel good about thier purchases. Part of that does include knowing where their meat came from...Repeat is from a good eating experience...

My Fast food Burger of Choice? Burger Kings Certified Angus Burger.....There are days I just get a craving for one of these.....It is not the cheapest and I am not sure of the source.....I won't eat the $1.99 burgers, I have gotten sick too many times after eating them,

PPRM

Not to offend anyone, but burger fat content and method of preparation ar the prime reasons for why some taste better than others. As for Burger king the slick program they ran a couple of years ago lost them my business. The basic idea was that a hide brand was cruel and to satisfy the conscience of the animal welfare people burger king was only supposed to use meat from unbranded animals for their burger. LMAO
But they were promoting that they did not want to buy beef from my branded animals so i don't eat there . A marketing ploy but a dumb one, Just like the angus burger but if it sells great, the reality is once ground who can tell me what is in a burger let alone what type of cattle the meat comes from or where the beef comes from. That is why people make so much for a good marketing program. they are all selling the same product but convinece you that one is better than the others be it BK or A&W or Mac D. I am going to check with A&W in the great white north to see what their stand is. TTYL

QUESTION, "That is why people make so much for a good marketing program. they are all selling the same product but convinece you that one is better than the others be it BK or A&W or Mac D"

You're exactly right, Q. That's why I'm stumping for COOL partnered with a focused checkoff. We've got so damn many examples of effective marketing working to learn from, but some choose to ignore that and keep monotoning, "It'll never work, you gotta be the cheapest....." :roll:

Sand H Why not focus on making the consuner informed instead of trying to shut foriegn meat out of your market and no i am not talking cool but teach the US consumer what stamps to look for . A good marketing program to focus on the US beef promotion might work instead of asking the government to do the heavy lifting in banning foreign beef. As for A&W i strill haven't heard back from them to this point.

Save your time QUESTION

A&W (Canada)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
A&W

Type Private
Founded 1956 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Headquarters North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Key people Paul F.B. Hollands, President and CEO
Industry Fast food
Products Hamburgers, french fries, onion rings, fried chicken
Revenue $559 million CAD (2005)
Employees 20,000 (2005)
Website www.aw.ca
A&W is a Canadian fast food restaurant chain. It was originally part of the American A&W chain, but was sold to and operated separately by Unilever. It no longer has any connection to the American A&W. The chain is now owned and operated by A&W Food Services of Canada Inc., based in North Vancouver, British Columbia.

I knew all that about A&W food services and more there are still some promotions they jointly participate in so i am waiting to hear back.

QUESTION said:
Sand H Why not focus on making the consuner informed instead of trying to shut foriegn meat out of your market and no i am not talking cool but teach the US consumer what stamps to look for . A good marketing program to focus on the US beef promotion might work instead of asking the government to do the heavy lifting in banning foreign beef. As for A&W i strill haven't heard back from them to this point.

I'm not trying to shut foreign meat out - I know that is unrealistic and won't happen. No use going down the stamp route, there is only one for product whether it is domestic or foreign, inspected here, maybe inspected there, etc....

QUESTION said:
A marketing ploy but a dumb one, Just like the angus burger but if it sells great, the reality is once ground who can tell me what is in a burger let alone what type of cattle the meat comes from or where the beef comes from.

Everyone of my customers that buy my Beef can tell mine from the store bought.....Seriously....They come back and I ave no problem getting $3.50 per pound from a frozen ground Beef product...

I have had ladies buy my meat for thier families as they personally do not eat beef anymore. They come back the next week and tell me, "Your Beef is the only Beef I will eat. I stopped eating beef, but yours is great and I eat it"

Dry aged Beef that comes from calves and is not gobby fat...There is no grease to drain off when you are done frying up the Burger..If you think it takes fat for flavor you have bought into a misperception...Dry aging makes a big difference. The Commodity Beef covers tenderness and flavor issues with fat....I ensure flavor with good feed and proper dry aging....Once people try my beef, I have a customer for life. Price is not the issue anymore....

As far as the Angus Burger, yes I can tell the difference between it and the other crap out there. i kow it has fat, but if I am traveling,I do not have access to my beef......It is a good second choice....

PPRM

I hear that all the time PPRM.. All the time.. It is great to hear and yes, their is a difference in taste of some beef over others. I don't know if it is the non assembly line production, slightly different managment or what but we hear it most everytime we sell a beef to someone or a lamb, chicken or hog for that matter... Takes a bit more effort and more patience with dealing with the public but we have folks who come out to the farm and it is actually mostly enjoyable talking to them.. A few that will drive you nuts but that isn't their fault.

We are starting to hear from some people that we know that are he basic walmart type person, cheaper the better, and the stuff going on with Chinese imports is begining to concern them... I would imagine that it is only short term as people tend to be an in the moment type of creature and in 6 months, if China doesn't have more problems, for the most part the average US consumer will forget about it.. Just like the post 9-11 thing or the silly "freedom fries" episodes, or Germans changing their names during WWI.

Chinese imports is begining to concern Consumers and Corps... I would imagine that it is only short term as people tend to be an in the moment type of creature and in 6 months, if China doesn't have more problems.

With only 1% of inspections by the FDA , The Bad Products will keep on coming for years. Know what you EAT or it could make you and your family Sick because some corps. and inc. don't care.

Speaking of marketting. I heard a commercial on radio the other day promoting i think "Jack in the box" sirlion hamburger. Their statement was "what part of the cow does an angus burger come from" obviously implying anus. The general public knows nothing about beef and is hoodwinked by marketting often. Do they care where beef comes from as long as it is not the ANGUS....ANUS?

Latest posts