• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Surrounded

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Spent the better part of the day over in the big city getting wedding stuff. I found a pretty nice new felt Resistol hat for the wedding.
E3DC1ABF-C97A-4DE4-A4E3-B6F2188FE170.jpeg

And then we came back out west and found we are surrounded with fire 🔥
Big fire started today 25 miles north of us and it's burned two homes and has wiped out a canyon.

8214D4E2-AE14-49A1-80A8-448F90AA6D2F.jpeg

And there must be another fire in Nevada as it's red smoke as the sun sets west of us. Plus a big fire south of here about 45 miles. Going to be a tough summer I'm thinking.
905509B4-EB33-479D-901F-56FB9DF8BFD4.jpeg

That's why you should never go anywhere...just kidding.
Ugh, hope they stay away from you. Hate fires and smoky summers. Hope you get a downpour to put them out before the wedding!

That's why you should never go anywhere...just kidding.
Ugh, hope they stay away from you. Hate fires and smoky summers. Hope you get a downpour to put them out before the wedding!
I hate town. Absolutely despise going. So I figure it's my fault. If I'd a stayed home there wouldn't be any fires. It's been so windy that the vegetation is tinder dry.

Town I don't mind so much. But I absolutely hate big cities. My family lives along the I-5 corridor from just south of Olympia to just north of Seattle. The main route to get there from here goes by way of Portland. I tell them to come visit me.

There was a fire southeast of here a week or so ago. Burned 40,000-50,000 acres of grass and sage brush in a single day. The wind was blowing pretty good that day. It stopped when it hit the freeway at Moore's Hollow

Latest posts