• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Survey.....kinda

Help Support Ranchers.net:

On the hunting camp where I worked, there were two horses that had come off the same ranch. One was named Igo, and the other was Hugo. Wherever Hugo, Igo. :wink:

A banker that lived for many years in our town, had a last name of Bare. His mother, being a fun-loving sort, named him Teddy. Every time he wrote out his signature, it was "Teddy Bare". He and his wife had three daughters. In my warped way, I always figured if they had a son, they could have named him Paul.

Joe Back was a great old mule packer, writer, and artist from Wyoming. My bride and I met him and his wife while on our honeymoon in 1979. I don't know if they had any children or not, but if they had a daughter, a good name would have been Helen.

And then for Native American names, Luke Warm Water is hard to beat.

I have another nickname...not one Mr Lilly calls me but one his dad calls me. When Mr Lilly was a lil bitty thang, his great uncle was around when supper was on the table......He noticed how Mr Lilly liked spinich and started callin him Popeye....it stuck....called him that till the day he died.
Well when I came along, naturally he started callin me Olive Oil........not somethin I was too fond of, or even answered to when he'd call me that....Mr Lilly's dad shortened it to Oli.....and has called me that for years. Took me a while to get usta it, I didnt answer at first simply because I wasn't aware anyone was talkin to me. But now he calls me that all the time and it never even dawns on me that he does it.

Dad used to call me " Jughead" i donno why?? :?
My X i used to call her "Weezzer" kinda pet name for Lisa.
I also had differnt pet names for differnt gurlfreinds, "frumpy butt" "blondie" "Poopsie" and "luv muffin" .... i know ther sappy.

Ive never used "darlin" unless at the time i couldnt remember the name fo the current gurl i was with.. its kinda a ketch all

Ive never had a woman gimme a pet name..( that dint involve cussin)

Please tell me what part of "My Love" is a cuss word? Yes you said it reminds you of one of your trainees who called his wife that but it fits :wink:
Not too sure about the Pamster you came up with ...as I said sounds too much like Hamster. I'm sure you can do better LOL
Yes I am still thinking of another name for you ...it will come. :p

LMAO.......at that "nickname"?.....you can try it...but I"m bettin money he won't answer to THAT!!!!!

Yeah...forever lasted from April 22nd Till May 18th....never knew forever was such a short period of time :roll:

Yeah...forever lasted from April 22nd Till May 18th....never knew forever was such a short period of time
Since YOUR friend made such a big deal about the conversation to me and said go look I did...I saw where he said an untruth and wanted to remind him ALL nicks have NOT been cuss words.

Too bad you cant see how HARD he is trying to stay on the fence and wants EVERYONE to get along. You might want to look hard inside and see what his friendship means to you. Is his happeness and wishes more important than your petty anger?
I know the answer for myself ...I will again tell you if you are willing to try I will try as hard as you to put an end to this argument.

kolanuraven Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:21 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MsSAge...sounds like you been reading my neighbors books she writes!!
No Kolan I am keeping a promise I made to my grandmother many years ago. She wnated me to learn her native language of Gealic. While she was alive I found every reason under the sun NOT to learn. After she passed I saw all of her family was gone but me and my children. I could NOT let her heritage die , so I have been studing and learning.

Ms Sage,
Your reading so much into things that's not there. I'm not "angry" with anyone. His comment on nicknames, was all in fun, which for some reason you can't seem to see humor in. You pick everthing that's said apart like a vulture, and see what you wanna see.
We have the same friendship we've always had, and always will. I've said that before. Nothing has changed. You can have whatever kinda relationship it is you have with him, and he and I will continue to be best friends.
Now........it's time to move on. I'm not gonna argue with you about anything. It's pointless and a waste of my time.

Yes I know it was in fun. But the truth still matters, and words have meaning. I was posting back to HIM and you had to add your little snide comment.
Your NOT angry hmmm yeah

Well I said I was reaching out in friendship, since I know how hard it will be once I am in Texas. Kinda hard to be in 2 places at once when you only have 1 maybe 2 days.

Latest posts