• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Take care out there.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Hope everybody has a safe calving and branding season. Things happen pretty quick. Over the years I have had more than my share of broken bones and wrecks of sort. Yesterday I was loading 16 yearlings in the trailer to haul to pasture when one spun around and let go with both hind feet. I caught them in my ribs, my wrist and something on the forehead. I think it was her hock but not sure. Lucky I have a hard head. It got that way argueing with Haymaker. Spring is a busy time but take time to be careful. :cowboy:

I'm glad that you are able to be up and going after a beating like that.

So there is a hidden benefit to talking to Hay Maker. Well, that's good.

More than we can say for ot. What does the guy on american idol say?

"nauseous, simply nauseous." :lol: :lol: :lol: :nod: :nod: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I got kicked in the belly last week by a yearling bull but being my wife is a good cook it bounced off..

Denny said:
I got kicked in the belly last week by a yearling bull but being my wife is a good cook it bounced off..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the hubby has been known to have a wreck or two (or 10 :lol: ) during branding....had himself a pretty good wreck a few weeks back while out checking cows....horse fell and he went hind-end over tea kettle and still think he busted some ribs...but, being the typical "macho" man he is, stated "don't have time to be sick...got too much to do"....that was his way of getting out of going to the emergency room :roll:

ranchwife said:
Denny said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the hubby has been known to have a wreck or two (or 10 :lol: ) during branding....had himself a pretty good wreck a few weeks back while out checking cows....horse fell and he went hind-end over tea kettle and still think he busted some ribs...but, being the typical "macho" man he is, stated "don't have time to be sick...got too much to do"....that was his way of getting out of going to the emergency room :roll:

denny I should have had enough padding up front bu tcaught it around to the side. Geez it hurts to sneeze.

ranchwife , don't be to hard on your hubby,We are all like that, Problem is we don't bounce quite like we used to.

BMR,
bet you don't go out and do the tilling now! :lol:

It's hell when you get old enough that you stop bouncing and start breaking.

We have a dangerous vocation and advocation. Take the time to do it right and don't take shortcuts, they become habit. If you get that gut feel that it's a chance you shouldn't take, then don't.

Sleep in once in awhile, does wonders to your ability to read animals when you aren't tired,

PPRM

Northern Rancher said:
BMR jam your knuckles up under your nose when you go to sneeze-sometimes it helps stop it-take it from one who knows lol.

Yea I forgot your last years expert on broken ribs. At least you know how to share. I thought you were going to say jam your knuckles into your nose so it hurts more then your ribs. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Hope everybody has a safe calving and branding season. Things happen pretty quick. Over the years I have had more than my share of broken bones and wrecks of sort. Yesterday I was loading 16 yearlings in the trailer to haul to pasture when one spun around and let go with both hind feet. I caught them in my ribs, my wrist and something on the forehead. I think it was her hock but not sure. Lucky I have a hard head. It got that way argueing with Haymaker. Spring is a busy time but take time to be careful. :cowboy:

Well I guess now you have a good excuse to keep your ass in bed in the morning instead of gettin next to your chores, no tellin how long you will be laid up ,if I was a bettin man I would say at least a year LOL..........good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Well I guess now you have a good excuse to keep your ass in bed in the morning instead of gettin next to your chores, no tellin how long you will be laid up ,if I was a bettin man I would say at least a year LOL..........good luck

No I can still get my ass out of bed. We had to fiinish processing yearlings yesterday and finished hauling today. It just hurts alot. I am usually limping or something so work around lots. Just not moving quite as fast. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

No I can still get my ass out of bed. We had to fiinish processing yearlings yesterday and finished hauling today. It just hurts alot. I am usually limping or something so work around lots. Just not moving quite as fast. :cowboy:

Well be careful your lucky she didnt kick you in the head,then she wouldnt be worth nothing with two broke hind legs after hittin the hard canuckle head,LOL I hope your weather is been better than mine it dried up around here in a hurry............talk to you tomorrow...........good luck

BMr......guess you're gonna havta "cowboy up" and carry on. Was it really a little ole heifer or was it the rotertiller that gotcha!!! If yore still laid up next week I know of a meeting that you could take in!!! :wink: Take care

cowsense said:
BMr......guess you're gonna havta "cowboy up" and carry on. Was it really a little ole heifer or was it the rotertiller that gotcha!!! If yore still laid up next week I know of a meeting that you could take in!!! :wink: Take care

Yea I'm sure you wouldn't mind having me go to that meeting. I was talking to DF last night and I told him you were probably mad at me for sicing Doc on you. :wink: :wink:

Sure hope you heal up O.K. I figure that at our age if you don't hurt alittle bit the next day you aren't doing it hard enough. :D :D :D

The other day Soapweed said "Look how our coats are wore out where the saddle horn rubs." I said "Yeah, that just shows we ride alot."

Latest posts