• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Taken from the USDA comments on ID

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleCo

Reaction score
Makes sense to me!!!!!!!! :D

"To carry out an efficient and effective animal identification program use The Farm Service Agency (FSA). FSA has been successfully involved with agricultural producers of the US for many years and, as such, FSA and its employees have close ties to the local producers. Working in concert with the Animal and Plant Inspection Service (APHIS), Homeland Security and private companies, FSA could ensure a private-state-federal partnership is realized and workable. This alliance could create an efficient, secure, inexpensive animal identification program (without creating a completely new tracking system) by drawing from the FSA strengths of being a "Can Do AGency" and always providing the best "Service" to its customers. "

With office in most counties and most farmers already doing busines with FSA it would make it much easier for livestock farmers to comply with premise identification rules than having to file with a far off state or regional office with people they do no know. FSA has the local knowledge of livestock operation, the name and address data base and new GIS systems coming on line to make this work more efficiently than setting up a new agency or new offices and hiring new people not already familiar witht he program and USDA and confidentiality procedures. It simply would be a lot more cost efficient to have FSA cooperate with other agencies in this effort by simply adding to systems already in place versus setting up a whole new agency to handle this.

Yes, Porker Neil is afraid of losing his job if FSA comes into play! If you read some of the USDA comments Animal ID you will find FSA is making a major push to do the database for USDA and it makes a lot of sense. It is just a zipcode and ownership trail.....nothing more! SO what is so confidential about that??????? :roll: :roll:

Note there Cattle Co Quote(FSA is making a major push to do the database for USDA and it makes a lot of sense. It is just a zipcode and ownership trail.....nothing more! )

This is the problem as in the Western US in open range country there are no ZIP codes of where animals reside let alone a road.This is why the NAIS system is suspect at not being able to track an Bioterrorism event in open country,and why hot brands are so important .I haven't seen to many ZIP codes in feed lots either an APHIS needs this premises data in seconds ,NOT 48 Hrs.

STAFF said:
Note there Cattle Co Quote(FSA is making a major push to do the database for USDA and it makes a lot of sense. It is just a zipcode and ownership trail.....nothing more! )

This is the problem as in the Western US in open range country there are no ZIP codes of where animals reside let alone a road.This is why the NAIS system is suspect at not being able to track an Bioterrorism event in open country,and why hot brands are so important .I haven't seen to many ZIP codes in feed lots either an APHIS needs this premises data in seconds ,NOT 48 Hrs.

STAFF, wouldn't a phone number and/or GPS site give more accurate information than a zip code? There are many cattle ranches/feedlots, etc with the same zip code, but few with the same phone number or GPS location, it seems to me. Just wondering.

MRJ

MRJ said:
STAFF said:

STAFF, wouldn't a phone number and/or GPS site give more accurate information than a zip code? There are many cattle ranches/feedlots, etc with the same zip code, but few with the same phone number or GPS location, it seems to me. Just wondering.

MRJ
The application for my premises ID number had Lat/Lon location. I used my GPS receiver for the info and listed it. One could find a one foot square, anywhere on earth using Latitude/Longitude.

Say MRJ this is my SSI Premises Code 011A13N34348011BW00923571A000 and it has everything,GPS,elevation and country,state,county, in it including phone.Its also the reference to my Michigan premises code,which I don't use.

yeah, and I bet you have your SSI premise code memorised! You've been brainwashed, it shows in your posts!

Gee Murgen,Are you jealous,Oh by the way ,look down on the lower left hand corner of you windshield and thats your pickup 's vin number,you got that code memorised!How about your car?????Which web-based software do you USE ??????????

Latest posts