• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Taking the steers to the BLM - pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Here are the pics of taking the steer calves to the BLM permit, and some I forgot the other day.

Going down the draw on our place
Downthedraw.jpg

Some nice calves
Hesachunk.jpg

nicecalves.jpg

The Powder River canyon - shadows are a little dark - sorry
Canyon.jpg

Me, Emilly (horse), and Dolly above the river
MeEmandDolly.jpg

Horseshoe bend
Horseshoebend.jpg

Another view of the river
River.jpg

Well...I can't seem to find the rest of the pictures :???: Must not have got them to photobucket :? I'll be back

How long do you run your steers out in the fall? sure is pretty country gods country and not a house in site.I'm jealous

Our daughter was good friends with some ranch people from Oregon. The Mrs. remarked one time that when she saw the riders on the hill above the house she knew she had two hours to cook dinner. Now I know what she was talking about!!

Woooowie, it is steep country!

The steers are contracted to go the first week of nov this year. We've always done it the first week of oct before. Some years (like last year) there is alot of greenup, if we get fall rains, and we think we'd get some extra pounds. But of course this year was very hot and dry, and we wish they were gone :???: Oh well, what can you do? We will definately go back to Oct shipping. It's just too hard on the cows on dry years like this. Last year the replacement heifers stayed out til Thanksgiving, they looked great and so did their moms.
We lived in Nev when I was little. 50 miles from a very small town, 18 miles of dirt road to get to the hiway. Mom said when she saw dust on the road she had time to bake a cake :)

Good pictures again Nicky. The best thing I can see about your country is that 4 wheelers will never take it over. WAY too steep. :D

Take that Cal!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts