• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Task for Agman or SH

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Talk about your waste of time Agman.

I am just an opinionated rancher. You are supposed to be this professional analyst.

You can't even answer a simple economic question about the industry you have your finger on the pulse of.

You can take your facts and form your opinion from them til hell freezes over. You wil never convince me that everything Cargill and Tyson do is for the good of the ranchers of this continent or the world for that matter.

Just because they have a lot smarter people than you working to keep their profits at a max shouldn't make you upset Agman. Go back to school for 20 years or so, you can still learn.

Sandman: "I don't think this question has been addressed yet."

Then perhaps you should answer it Sandman because I already said that I didn't know what the answer was.

Agman presented Tyson's profit figures but there is no breakdown between Canadian and U.S. plants but why would there need to be? Tyson's total profits in their beef plants is what really matters to Tyson.

There is no profit data available for Cargill but it won't be much different than Tyson's considering that they are competing for the same cattle and need to be equally as efficient.

Why don't you and Randy sort out Tyson and Cargill's position?

Randy says Cargill and Tyson wanted to keep the border closed.

R-CULT says Cargill and Tyson wanted to open the Canadian border.

YOU GUYS DISAGREE!

Neither will challenge the other on your polarized views as long as you are both blaming the same packers. Hahaha! Typical!

Packer blaming, what a waste of perfectly good oxygen.

Great job diverting the questions again Randy!

Randy: "You wil never convince me that everything Cargill and Tyson do is for the good of the ranchers of this continent or the world for that matter."

Yet another lie from you.

Nobody ever said that everything Tyson and Cargill do is good for the Canadian producer.

In fact, I have repeatedly pointed out that Tyson and Cargill had an obvious leverage advantage due to more cattle than slaughter capacity in Canada post BSE. Doesn't matter how many times I say that, you still have to paint your own picture of my position since i don't share your packer victim mentality and base my decisions on facts as opposed to opinions and baseless allegations.

Just more bullsh*t from overly emotional randy.

~SH~

A lie hey.

Agman said that Cargil and Tyson upped production in Canada to help the producers out of a bad situation. Are you disagreeing with your buddy?

As far as disagreeing with Sandman. I disagree with a lot of what he says. I also disagree with the protectionist attitude that drives Rcalf in general.

Is that okay with you SH?

Oh yeah, as far as painting pictures. Do you really beleive that the packer blamer stories that you make up about me are true, or are you so insecure about your position the you make up enemies when your pea brain has nothing else to do? :p

randy: "Agman said that Cargil and Tyson upped production in Canada to help the producers out of a bad situation. Are you disagreeing with your buddy?"

Did Agman say that Cargill and Tyson increased production to help producers or did he say that they increased production WHICH HELPED THE PRODUCERS?

Quite a difference.

Don't try R-CALFing me.

Bring the actual quote WITHIN CONTEXT!

Randy: "Do you really beleive that the packer blamer stories that you make up about me are true, or are you so insecure about your position the you make up enemies when your pea brain has nothing else to do?"

Yet another ridiculous statement from you.

First, you do blame Tyson and Cargill for the plight of the Canadian producer. There is no "STORY" to it.

Second, why would I be insecure about my postition when my position is based on factual information?

You're just pissed off because the facts don't match what you want to believe and you can't defend your position.

You don't like me because I won't join you in crying in your beer about Tyson and Cargill. Like I really care?????????

~SH~

You must care about something or you wouldn't keep coming back spouting nothing.

Facts SH?

Your facts are followed by your personal opinion, just like everyone else.

I feel sorry for you bud. You lead a pretty pathetic life. Calling names like a two year old when people don't agree with you. Trying to prove everyone incapable with your twisting and turning.

Take the very first post on this thread and go to work rather than playing your intimidation game with sillyness and name calling.

You know damn well that my intellegence level is as high as yours so give up on the game playing and get to work on the question.

Randy, don't lecture me on name calling when you have thrown out as many names as anyone else here. YET ANOTHER DIVERSION FROM YOU!

Randy: "You know damn well that my intellegence level is as high as yours so give up on the game playing and get to work on the question."

If you think you are so intelligent, why do you continue to ask the same question when the answer has already been provided?

Here is the answer again.........

Per public records on Tyson the year 2003 was record operating income for the beef division. That is before taxes and interest. Operating income from the beef division that year were $320 million. They kill over 10 million head of cattle a year. Since you have not demonstrated that you can provide any factual data I will do the math for you ($320 M /10M = $32 per head). In 2004 their beef operating income, before taxes and interest, was $127 million ($127 M / 10M = $12.70 per head). For the nine months of fiscal year 2005 they are +$1.0 million. They lost $16M and $19M in their first and second fiscal quarters. For the past three quarters they earned $36 million, thus they are +$1.0 million for the first nine months of 2005 or $.13 per head. Their fiscal year is from September - September. The most profitable quarter recored was their fourth fiscal quarter of 2003 they earned $142 million ($142 /2.5 = $56.80 per head).

There it is again. Going to ask for it again?

WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION TO BACK YOUR POSITION TO THE CONTRARY????

Why did you divert this question.........

Did Agman say that Cargill and Tyson increased production to help producers or did he say that they increased production WHICH HELPED THE PRODUCERS?

You will divert both questions by making more statements or asking the same question again.

Observe readers as Randy diverts again ....................

~SH~

rkaiser said:
Oh by the way, you forgot to divide the Canadian and American slaughter numbers.

I could not even hope to do that kind of math with my limited education.

Could you have SH do that for me. He seems to know everything about what's going on in Canada.

You are the one making the accusations. Why don't you provide some proof? You just don't have the intellect nor integrity to support your failed position. Don't waste your time on a lawyer, get yourself a tutor to teach you basic economics and rudimentary elements of the beef industry. You are so ignorant of the facts that you cannot even recognize how wrong you are. You have provided no facts because you have nothing.That is as pathetic as it can get for you.

SH, "Agman presented Tyson's profit figures but there is no breakdown between Canadian and U.S. plants but why would there need to be? Tyson's total profits in their beef plants is what really matters to Tyson."

That's rediculous. Not only does Tyson break out Canadian beef operations from US operations, they break out each individual plant and could even tell you information on different shifts.

The pityful attempt to prove me wrong with Agman's numbers actually proved me right you numbskulls.

Like I replid earlier.

If Tyson showed an overall profit, and you claim they were loosing money in America, they must have made enough in Canada to make up for it . DUH.

The early 2005 figures then show part of the reason for the Amicus brief. The salmon run was coming to an end and it was time to bail.

Like I have also said, good capitalist business on their part. And that is why the two of you would never have a chance at getting a job there. You are just one more pair of cloned defenders of the packer universe.

I've never seen such inability to reason from a couple of government employees in my life. No wait minute, I think that is a prerequisite isn't it.

Thanks for your answer Agman, you have shown that Cargil and Tyson had no need or reason to challenge the closed border until lately when their forsighted employees saw the need.

Keep learning Agman, someday you may even land a real job.

If the Canadian plant's profits carried the US plant's losses, that would be big indeed considering the Canadian plants don't process near the numbers of cattle processed in the US.

When there were millions of fats sitting in the feedyards when the border closed Cargill had the potential also to profit from the sale of grain.

The longer they sat, the more they ate.

Sandhusker said:
If the Canadian plant's profits carried the US plant's losses, that would be big indeed considering the Canadian plants don't process near the numbers of cattle processed in the US.

Thank you Sandhusker for that. Randy seems to think profits in Canada would buy the world. Truth is we are so small even free cattle to the big boys would be a drop in the bucket on the global stage.

mike said:
When there were millions of fats sitting in the feedyards when the border closed Cargill had the potential also to profit from the sale of grain.

The longer they sat, the more they ate.

Mike that's a truth many producers learned here. Some wouldn't sell old cows at 10-20 cents... truth is if a cow never produces a calf she is better dead than fed.

Sandhusker: "That's rediculous. Not only does Tyson break out Canadian beef operations from US operations, they break out each individual plant and could even tell you information on different shifts."

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE INFORMATION AGMAN PRESENTED NOT TYSON'S ITEMIZED FINANCIAL RECORDS!

You know damn well I was referring to the information that Agman presented which did not seperate profits from individual plants. I didn't say that Tyson didn't have a breakdown of profits and losses of individual plants.

Quit acting like an idiot again!

You think you are so cute to take everything out of context and put your spin on it. I get so sick of your deceptive crap!

Randy: "The pityful attempt to prove me wrong with Agman's numbers actually proved me right you numbskulls."

Atta boy! Claim victory in obvious defeat.

CREAT THE ILLUSION when absent the facts.

Randy: "If Tyson showed an overall profit, and you claim they were loosing money in America, they must have made enough in Canada to make up for it . DUH."

When did the border close Randy?

Tell me!

Now take the figures that Agman presented and attach them to those dates. Then tell me what you see that defends your position.

Break it down. SPECULATION WILL NOT CUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyson's profit figures buried your assumption.

In the other post you admit that you have no proof to back your assumption that Tyson wanted the border to remain closed. In this post you're right back to speculating on their motive again. You can't even keep your own arguments straight. Quick, join R-CULT now. They need more guys like you, Leo, and Bullard.

Sandman: "If the Canadian plant's profits carried the US plant's losses, that would be big indeed considering the Canadian plants don't process near the numbers of cattle processed in the US."

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You finally said something true.

Now you and randy can go at it rather than both blaming Tyson with conflicting arguments.

I'll go make some popcorn.

~SH~

Randy,

Second time.......

How many plants does Tyson have in Canada and how many plants do they have in the U.S.?

How many fed cattle does Tyson kill in Canada and how many fed cattle does Tyson kill in the U.S.?

How could you even make your assertion about Tyson without knowing the answer to those questions?

Jason has pointed out some obvious differences between the U.S. and Canada's situation regarding what was available to sell such as ofal. You get upset at him for presenting more factual information. It's a fact that Canada was limited on what they could sell from the carcass as opposed to the U.S. If you don't believe that, why don't you prove Jason wrong. You won't because you can't. Instead, you get mad at him for presenting the truth that you cannot handle.

I wish you did have an itemized breakdown for Cargill and Tyson between their profits in Canada and their profits in the U.S.. It really should be none of your damn business but I wish you honestly knew.. You Tyson and Cargill blamers really need to understand the profitability in the packing industry.

Look no futher than Mike Callicrate's personal lesson in those "supposed" $400 PER HEAD PROFITS. OH MY GAWD! Wait a minute, didn't Mike say his plant had yet to realize a profit? Didn't he say he was only paying a top premium of $50 per head? Didn't he say he was charging consumers 10% to 20% more for the beef?

SPECULATION DOES NOT CUT IT!

I'm glad Mike had the chance to become introduced to his own ignorance.

~SH~

Quote:
Sandman: "If the Canadian plant's profits carried the US plant's losses, that would be big indeed considering the Canadian plants don't process near the numbers of cattle processed in the US."

At least one person on this board this morning can comprehend your statement Sandman.

It is amazing is it not?

Agman showed us profit in the USA. Agman and SH and ankle biting Jason talk of American packer losses. For the ONE and only Tyson plant in Canada to have lifted Tyson to a profitable situation shows the magnitude of this event.

Yap on SH. And twist the facts to fit your proof of whatever it is you are trying to prove.

And thanks again Agman for setting the facts on the table.

Sandhusker said:
SH, "Agman presented Tyson's profit figures but there is no breakdown between Canadian and U.S. plants but why would there need to be? Tyson's total profits in their beef plants is what really matters to Tyson."

That's rediculous. Not only does Tyson break out Canadian beef operations from US operations, they break out each individual plant and could even tell you information on different shifts.

OK hotshot, since you know all of that post the information!!!!!! OOPS, stuck your foot in your mouth once again.

rkaiser said:
Quote:

At least one person on this board this morning can comprehend your statement Sandman.

It is amazing is it not?

Agman showed us profit in the USA. Agman and SH and ankle biting Jason talk of American packer losses. For the ONE and only Tyson plant in Canada to have lifted Tyson to a profitable situation shows the magnitude of this event.

Yap on SH. And twist the facts to fit your proof of whatever it is you are trying to prove.

And thanks again Agman for setting the facts on the table.

That statement, not a fact, was made by Sandhusker in case you did not notice. I know you cannot prove your allegations, that is a fact Squirm you worm. Let Sandhusker prove his statement. His allegation is as baseless as yours so I won't hold my breath. You are all talk and NO facts. They have a spot for you in R-Laugh, right alongside of Sandhusker.

Did I thank you for your facts Agman. I thought I did.

Anyways thanks again.

Those facts helped me put this thing to bed.

Even the Amicus breif. That was about the time that profits started to decrease here in Canada.

Have a good day, and thanks again.

Your friend,
Randy

agman said:
Sandhusker said:

OK hotshot, since you know all of that post the information!!!!!! OOPS, stuck your foot in your mouth once again.

Actually, Agman, the incisors making furrows in the wing-tips are your own. I didn't say I knew what that information was, did I? I'm looking for it, because I know damn well, as do you, that Tyson, as does any large multinational and multi-cost center company, breaks down profits to individual plants and even beyond. Perhaps your contacts have not informed you of that? OOPS!

Latest posts