• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tators

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Well, so far she has eaten as much dog food as the adults, pooed all over the far bathroom, puked on both me a Jessie, and chased a Longhorn.
If she grows into her feet and ears, she is going to be a monster.

002-8.jpg

Chasing a Longhorn through the fence.

001-9.jpg

Showing the others the way.

If she's the "alpha bitch" you've really got something.IMO~ The best dog
we ever had was that. They are pretty amazing dogs. I didn't know
what the Hangin' 5's looked like. Thanks for the pictures.

Good luck with her. Looks like your other dogs are amazed that
she has taken over so early.She could very easily be the alpha.
The don't give up very easily. :D

I hear ya on the "alpha bitch" thing. Our 8 1/2 month old fullblood Corgi female qualifies. She rules the house, the yard, the other older dogs (except the 16 yo 3 legged Aussie, who pays her NO attention), and my wife.

Last night we were watching the garbage on ABC Family, cause the wife & daughters like it. The wife had to go to work today (a 12 hour shift cooking at the Assisted Living), and she generally goes to bed around 9. About 9:15, I told her she better head for bed, but, as usual, she wasn't listening to me. In about 5 minutes, Jinkee started raising hell with her, barking and going nuts. When the wife got out of her chair, Jinkee actually started herding her downstairs to the bedroom! Jinkee got her downstairs and would not quit until the wife was in the bed. Then she went under our bed (where she sleeps), and it was lights out for her.

I never cease to be amazed at how smart dogs can be. Jinkee also knows within 10 minutes of when my wife should get home from work. She goes to the window and watches for her. I think it's a pretty safe bet that my wife belongs to her anymore!

That was a cute story, loomixguy. I could visualize that Corgi herding your
wife around!

Our Zip dog that was the alpha was really good. The people who raised
those dogs had a male that they swore could count. When they were
working yearlings in an alley, the guy could tell him to get the "4th one"
and he'd do it! I know Mr. FH could show Zip what he wanted and he
could go open the gate and she'd bring it to him. She could 'head or
heel'. :lol: :lol: :lol: Our cows were really dog broke. The dog we have
now could just spoil them all, he's such a chicken.

Cute, looks like you'll have your hands full. How old is she? She's got a better tail than some of the bird dogs we train, lol

She is a March baby. Lots of fun right now, but has already been spanked for tearing stuff up.

Latest posts