• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Taxidermy Forum

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/IndustryArticles/05/g/05D1929D26.html

I just visited a Taxidermy forum and the topic of BSE.

Might give you a clue of what other people are saying about BSE.

People other than the "Vegans" that is.

reader (the Second) said:
Mike - this is really informative and interesting. I was glad to read the account of the lady rancher about having to sign an affadavit attesting to not violating the feed ban and a sign telling producers to bring their downers in for testing. I think she was an American on the border with Canada. I haven't heard much about these things on our forum, but they are good steps on the part of the USDA I guess.

reader (the Second)-- the cattle producer signing of the affidavit not violating the feed ban has been in place for 5-6 years- maybe all the way back to 1997- can't remember for sure....

The loophole there tho was if the feed producer was violating the ban and selling the rancher contaminated product without his knowledge.....

reader (the Second) said:
Mike - this is really informative and interesting. I was glad to read the account of the lady rancher about having to sign an affadavit attesting to not violating the feed ban and a sign telling producers to bring their downers in for testing. I think she was an American on the border with Canada. I haven't heard much about these things on our forum, but they are good steps on the part of the USDA I guess.

At the two auction barns here each seller has to have an affadavit on file attesting to compliance with the ruminant ban. No affadavit, no sell.

Also a big sign at the unloading dock that says "NO DOWNERS ACCEPTED FOR SALE" and under it: "Official USDA BSE Testing Facility". They take samples (if it meets the criteria for CNS problems) and a rendering company will pick up the carcass.

Big thing that concerns me with the USDA is the mistakes and Hush-hush BS. Media thrive on that sort of stuff.

Latest posts