• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ted Kennedy...Changed his stance?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Pro-choice Kennedy Was Pro-Life in 1971

Posted on 01/09/2006 3:36:13 PM PST

The issue of abortion is expected to take center stage during the upcoming confirmation hearings for John Roberts, President Bush's nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court.

And one of the key questioners of Roberts will be Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

While many today regard the Democrat as a champion for abortion rights, the senator, who is Catholic, apparently held a staunch pro-life view before the Roe v. Wade decision in 1972.

In 1971, Tom Dennelly of Great Neck, N.Y., wrote to Kennedy expressing his personal views on abortion.

Kennedy responded to Dennelly, writing:

"While the deep concern of a woman bearing an unwanted child merits consideration and sympathy, it is my personal feeling that the legalization of abortion on demand is not in accordance with the value which our civilization places on human life. Wanted or unwanted, I believe that human life, even at its earliest stages, has certain rights which must be recognized – the right to be born, the right to love, the right to grow old.

I suspect he will give Alito a hard time on this too!

Teddy Kennedy said:
I believe that human life, even at its earliest stages, has certain rights which must be recognized – the right to be born, the right to love, the right to grow old.
No mention of the right for his sorry ass to save you from drowning. :mad:

I find this story dubious, only because it's hard for me to believe Teddy possesses even a strand of moral fiber.

mp.freelance said:
I find this story dubious, only because it's hard for me to believe Teddy possesses even a strand of moral fiber.

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Latest posts