• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tell me I haven't wasted two years of my life!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jamiehuggins said:
This was all advice I could have used 2 years ago :D and its a little late to give up now. And this is something I love with all my heart. If I could show the world how important agriculture is and let them see it through my eyes then there would be a lot more support of it. Oh well I guess. :?

Don;t give up, the job market is just grim right now. You are correct agriculture is very important, sometimes a person goes down one path and ends up in another too. I went to be a Animal Technician out of High school, a 2 year degree, worked in that, but soon realized it was not gonna pay the bills. Switched to a lab environment, but did not like that, then this and that happened, ended up in MO owning a dairy farm, now I work my AZZ off for menial pay, but its something new everyday, never a bore, and I am much happier than i ever was working for someone else. Life is a journey, maybe take any job you can find and work at it until you can find something you really want to do. Keep and open mind and eventually you will find what you want to do.

i graduated from LSU in december of 2008 in agricultural economics with at minor in beef prodcution and agronomy. I now sell insurance. Just having that kind of education was worth this company hiring me out of college. Dont look down on it, you are in alot better place than some people are. a job is just a job, for now, a career on the other hand is something you love.

Ive made a career of crawfishing, farming, and runnin cattle.
But my job is insurance.

I'm not looking to make a ton of money, I was raised that there are more important things than that. I'm still young but I have job experience and I'm older than most of the people I go to school with. I'm mostly just frustrated that I thought that going to school was gonna make this easier. I can't help but wonder if I would have just found a crap job in ag. two years ago if I wouldn't be in the same position I'm trying to find now or higher.

jamiehuggins said:
I'm not looking to make a ton of money, I was raised that there are more important things than that. I'm still young but I have job experience and I'm older than most of the people I go to school with. I'm mostly just frustrated that I thought that going to school was gonna make this easier. I can't help but wonder if I would have just found a crap job in ag. two years ago if I wouldn't be in the same position I'm trying to find now or higher.

Hard to say, you have to start at the bottom wherever you start, its not supposed to be easy, every path has many obstactles, its how you handle them that will get you to where you want to be.

jamiehuggins said:
This was all advice I could have used 2 years ago :D and its a little late to give up now. And this is something I love with all my heart. If I could show the world how important agriculture is and let them see it through my eyes then there would be a lot more support of it. Oh well I guess. :?

You have NOT wasted anything! The only thing you take with you when you leave this life is knowledge. Get all you can.

You have all the know how and the passion and drive to get it done. The exact job you're looking for might not come right away, but it will and you will be able to help change the world. I am actually a little envious of you!! :)

All this Crying - Why isn't your Res Posted Here.

My Daughter has almost 8 years in getting her 4 year degree and she is Studying for her Second Degree and taking an OnLine Classes for her 3rd and has a full time job on top of that. - - I can't afford to help her much so she worked 36 hour per week for most of her college years, (Monday, Wensday and Friday, School on Tuesday n Thursday) + Bought and paid of a new car, and is debit FREE. Her Credit Rate is very High...

She must get 5 or 6 job Offers from the UDSA every week and others from Breed Assoc's and other Places (I think she doesn't want to Leave me) - She was off work for almost 3 months but had Res. out every where.. She took a Low Paying Job but is up for a raise and just got Medical...

I get up-set because she is TO Serious but she says "There Will Be Time To Party".

If you want t work there IS work - maybe Min. Wage Shoveling **** but there's work - a while back - in my 50's I had to do that - I asked a Friend for a job - He said "I can't Afford You" - I said "Can you afford Min Wage" - wasn't long until people SAW I was a worker and I had a TON of JOB Offers...
Workers can find Jobs! - The Money will come!

Latest posts